Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is This? >

What is This?

What is This?

Old 10-07-2014, 08:32 PM

Even easier might be to sew the three strips together and make hour glass blocks to join them on point. I really like this quilt and it could be fast to make - if I can get the pinwheel blocks squared right.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
I think it's fascinating, but I do not know the name so that I can find a pattern.
If you feel more secure with a pattern, just get a pice of grid paper the size that you want each block and draw it up. It looks like it would make a stunning quilt. Good choice.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:23 AM
Power Poster

I couldn't find the pattern in a magazine I have but I thought it was called something like Candy Cracker and done in dull colors. I always wanted to make it in bright kids colors. The center was also done in a tonal fabric.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:53 AM

This is awesome as a "controlled" scrappy!
Old 10-08-2014, 07:45 AM

Eleanor Burns , Still Stripping after 25 years book has the pattern , she call it Grandma's Candy Jar, hers is done in 1930's prints, it is a good choice for a signature quilt. I made it for my brother who lives in So. America. I embroidered the names of all my brothers and sisters (10 of us) and our spouses, and our kids and grand kids, there is room for great grands too. In the first narrow border I put the names of our parents and step-parents. So he would have hugs from all of us from so far away. My favorite and most emotionally fulfilling project besides the Jacob's Ladder for my Hero Dad.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:30 AM

It's Chuck a Luck block. I found it by right clicking the image and selecting "search google for this image"

http://www.jinnybeyer.com/quilting-w...ard/browse.cfm
Old 10-08-2014, 01:06 PM

Thanks Neesie, I love this pattern.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:04 PM

It is called Cracker on Quilter's Cache site. Hopefully this link will work: http://www.quilterscache.com/C/CrackerBlock.html
Old 10-08-2014, 08:29 PM

There is NEVER a day that goes by that I learn something from this board and all you awesome Ladies & Gentlemen!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Jeri
Old 10-09-2014, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Cecelia363 View Post
Eleanor Burns , Still Stripping after 25 years book has the pattern , she call it Grandma's Candy Jar, hers is done in 1930's prints, it is a good choice for a signature quilt. I made it for my brother who lives in So. America. I embroidered the names of all my brothers and sisters (10 of us) and our spouses, and our kids and grand kids, there is room for great grands too. In the first narrow border I put the names of our parents and step-parents. So he would have hugs from all of us from so far away. My favorite and most emotionally fulfilling project besides the Jacob's Ladder for my Hero Dad.
I thought of E. Burns when I saw the block and have the book as well.