Dead Woman Walking! LOL

Dead Woman Walking! LOL

Old 10-09-2014, 12:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
WHAT problem?
Perfect answer, Jan!!!
Old 10-09-2014, 03:12 AM

I do the same thing. They are on my bucket list, though. I'm trying not to buy anything more unless it knocks my socks off.
I think it has something to do with all of that right brain left brain stuff. All of these ideas are in our heads waiting to come out. It's that whole creativity thing. We get bored easily, too. Do you think that it's ADD? I don't know. What I do know is that I love to quilt.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by tellabella View Post
Did you ask your hubby to list all the things he started and never finished, or all the things that are waiting to get done but never seem to...??? Most men I know have quite a list themselves...
Is that ever true! Now, yes, my sewing room is a mess. Yes, it does contain unfinished projects. BUT my husband's office area has stacks and stacks of "stuff," and his garage does, too. He knows not to bug me about my one sewing space. Smart man!
Old 10-09-2014, 03:34 AM
Power Poster

I don't see the problem!
Old 10-09-2014, 04:27 AM

I am not going to count mine. lol I bring out one to work on and then it is put away when I get tired of it. Then I start another one. I thought that was the normal, at least it is for me.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:39 AM

A very VERY large club! I often have to remind myself not to get distracted and to finish what I'm working on before I start something else. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.

I've learned to avoid large projects that quickly become boring, like King-size blankets. And I've given up on anything crochet that needs piecing - that's pretty much a guaranty that it will never be finished.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:05 AM

So I have to be different .I finish each thing I start --not that I haven't had to leave a few. I am the person that is given the unfinished from others to finish. At my charity this summer I did about 10 small tops that others started almost finished.
So if you don't want the finished "whatever" give it away unless you need to fill space with these boxes.
I will admit after a while this summer it got crazy because I was sewing things in colors and patterns I didn't like.
Oh well I just had to add from another perspective.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:11 AM

Unfortunately, I am in that boat also. I have only 3 large quilts to finish, and I bought fabric sash one of those yesterday. Hopefully, I'll get there in 2015, With my now-crippled hand. sewing and cutting are much more difficult for me.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:19 AM

Funny! I too have started several projects and not completed, but finally came to this conclusion that it's due to "separation anxiety". Now I start one, almost finish and start my next one. This encourages me to complete the first one before moving forward with the second project.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:22 AM

I have to confess, I have the same issue. I'm a starter. The last two years I have been working on finishing my many UFOs. I finished 14 quilts last year, both UFOs and new projects. I have done 7 so far this year. I have 4 more that I know I will get done before the end of the year. I'm hoping to get at least 3 more UFOs done too. I think by next year I will finish all my UFOs. Now, I won't even mention the many kits I have that I haven't even started. My little granddaughters are learning to quilt. Maybe they can help me finish all these projects. I have 2 gift certificates for fabric stores that I love! I'll never live to get it all done!!!