Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dead Woman Walking! LOL >

Dead Woman Walking! LOL

Dead Woman Walking! LOL

Old 10-09-2014, 07:19 PM

You have way less than I do!
I have so many ufos, I should live in Roswell!!
And my dh enables me..if he's out at an estate sale or something, he'll buy fabric, embellishments, etc.. bringing them in, saying, "I figured you could use these...".

K
Old 10-09-2014, 07:32 PM

lots of members in this club .... and so glad cuz' I need a place where I fit in! You all are super!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:15 PM

If it's a sickness, I'm headed for the ICU unit. LOL
Old 10-10-2014, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by pyffer3 View Post
Last night I got on a kick to find my crochet hooks.....going through all the usual places and my husband ask me what I was doing, so I told him that I was looking for my crochet hook because I found this really easy looking pattern for a shrug and wanted to start that. He made me sit down with a pencil and paper and list everything I have started and not finished.......
So, with that being said.....I have 6 quilts started in various stages, 11 Christmas ornaments started in various stages, 4 cross stitch projects in various stages, 11 safety pin beaded watches (got all the stuff haven't started yet), a quilted table runner and 4 matching placemats kit, and now I want to start a crochet project. (In my defense I have the yarn already)!
Is this a sickness? Do I need intervention? He was being cute, but it did make me stop and think that maybe I need to focus on finishing things!
Anyone else have this problem?
I don't mean to open up a can of worms, but....why in the world would he want you to make that list in the first place??! You know that you know what you have already. It's part of being a creative person. Yes, it's our own form of ADD. One thing is we never get bored or find ourselves with nothing to do. I do the same thing. I get a brain storm to take out the yarn and a hook and start something. Or I take out the scrapbooking and work on that for a while. I may not finish it, but I go through the process and satisfy that need at the moment. It hurts no one.
Just had to vent.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:05 AM

I have the same issue. I have made a commitment to myself, if I want to start something new, I have to finish two UFO's. Well so far that has worked. Except this time I have to finish 4 things. I am almost done with the third one and will then get the forth one done too. Then I can start a new item. It has work so far this year, and I hope to get caught up on all my UFOs.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:24 AM
Power Poster

Don't waste time and emotion to looking for a lost crochet hook. They are too cheap to not buy another one.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:54 AM

Is it a bad thing that my husband is still waiting for his Father's Day gift??? :/

Donna
Old 10-10-2014, 06:34 AM

I can so relate to unfinished projects although some are unfinished because of finances. My therapist couldn't understand how I could start new things if I didn't have the money to finish old ones. LOL I was afraid to tell her about the "stashes" I bought when I had money. But since I have moved into my own apartment and its just me and the dog, I have made it a priority to finish projects. I actually got a few done. Then it was "make me an apron" or sew patches on for me or fix this or that. Belly bands for my groomers dog and panties for mine. It never stops. But I am ok with it. I know I will eventually get to them and if I don't its my kids problem LOL Payback for cleaning up after them for years. hehehe!
Old 10-10-2014, 06:57 AM

It is not a sickness, it's a creative, artistic mind at work!
Old 10-10-2014, 06:59 AM

You all got me thinking. Hmmmm...I do have few UFO's and I tried to remember why. One quilt top I am not particularly fond of but, in truth, at the time I pieced it I couldn't afford the batting and backing. Same way with another one although much smaller. Think I will finish the first but instead of quilting will just knot then put it in my car for picnics, emergencies,etc. The second one is pretty and will finish and give to my granddaughter. In my long lifetime I've made many things, not only quilted but, crocheted, knitted, cross stitched, sewed, etc., but, now that I think about it, they all got done because they were either gifts and I had a time frame or they were requests and I didn't want to keep whoever asked for what, waiting. As I look around my home I see next to nothing I''ve made but that's okay. I had the fun of making and giving and few UFO's...LOL!