Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 10-10-2014, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by NanaCindyLou View Post
I am Secret Santa to someone who lives north west of me... I have never been to your (very beautiful) state, but I do have a relative who lives there...
Must be me and Oregon!
Old 10-10-2014, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
Thanks for the positive comments, ladies! Now, if my Santee isn't one of you, I can be fairly certain she'll like it... and if she is one of you, I know she will!

Cooky...where oh where did you find the "carry on" charm??? This pin/ornament is just TOO sweet.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by mhcpa View Post
My Secret Santa recipient lives close to Mickey and Minnie. I am enjoying gathering items to send to her.
OOOOHH, I live close to Mickey and Minnie, maybe it's me!!!!
Old 10-10-2014, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Isn't the whole idea of the exchange, to exchange GIFTS?
Every birthday my DD gives me a gift certificate to my LQS so I can buy what I want. I certainly consider that a wonderful, thoughtful gift. Each to his/her own - lets not judge.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
Cooky...where oh where did you find the "carry on" charm??? This pin/ornament is just TOO sweet.
It was at Hobby Lobby. They had a free-standing display in the main aisle by their beads and charms section. It had all kinds of Christmas and holiday charms on it, and this was among them. I picked up two with the SS exchange in mind.

I've looked everywhere for a Keep Calm and Quilt On charm but haven't had any luck yet. Even asked at HL and Joann, but no luck.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
I think this is so pretty who wouldn't love it!! I would.

I'm actually having a semi hard time deciding gifts for my person. The posts they've made clearly show MUCH GREATER skill level and experiance than me. Ooooooo boy!!!

SheriR, don't be intimidated by your Santee's skill level / experience. I felt the very same way in a swap as I was last year, and was feeling very insecure about making her items, knowing that her skills were far better than mine. Some words of wisdom that I actually have hanging on my sewing room wall helped ! :

" Don't Compare Your Beginning, To Someone Else's Middle ! "

Have fun !! We quilters are a pretty easy going and friendly bunch ! I am sure she will love anything you send !
Old 10-11-2014, 03:44 AM

I hope NO ONE is feeling intimidated by the picture of my brooch/ornament! Believe me, its craftsmanship is far from perfect, and if you could inspect it in person you'd see it for yourself.

A handmade gift is special, because you've given of yourself along with the gift and made something especially for someone else that they can't go out and buy in a store. I'd treasure anything my SS made for me, and I venture to say that everyone here feels the same.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:18 AM

I have very few clues from my Santee so I am going to make/buy what I think anybody would like. I know what she doesn't like so it should be ok. Her box is partially filled, am waiting for delivery of some fabric I think she will like plus some "other things".
Jaba, I sympathize with you. This is the second year in a row where I have a Santee that doesn't respond on the board. Maybe she works or other things are taking her time up, won't judge, just hope everything is ok. Maybe she is shy? I remember when I first started to post on the board, I was very scared that I would say the wrong thing.
Now? Take me as I am! OK to the hole I go! Hope some of that fudge is left! Yum! Yum!
Old 10-11-2014, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
Every birthday my DD gives me a gift certificate to my LQS so I can buy what I want. I certainly consider that a wonderful, thoughtful gift. Each to his/her own - lets not judge.
It's a lot different, when one enters a public GIFT swap, which has rules. Joining the swap, implies willingness to abide by those rules. It's not 'judging,' to expect folks to respect the rules of a swap, which they voluntarily join.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:44 AM

I think maybe I was misunderstood, I'm not judging her, I just wish I knew more about her. I really like to personalize my gifts so they are definately for the person I am sending to, just like most of you do also. I do have the colors she likes so I will come up with a few things that hopefully she will like and be able to use. Nothing wrong with a gift card either...the item she really wants or needs may be more than the budget so that will help with the cost.
Just been a hectic week and am really not in a good place right now. To explain a little, my brother, who is my only sibling, passed away yesterday. I just need to get through this and then reorganized in thought. If I have offended anyone, it was not intentional and I do apologize.