Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You are my quilting guild >

You are my quilting guild

You are my quilting guild

Old 10-11-2014, 02:50 AM

I came home last weekend to I came home really annoyed with my family after some post funeral drama. When I arrived I had packages of fabric sent by some generous forum ladies. My boyfriend and I giddily opened each package and marveled at the treasures inside. At the end of it he turned to me with a high five and said "Quilt family better than real family" and we had a good laugh.

Ive never been part of a guild before so I can't comment on that part. But I can say that we've created a pretty amazing community.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
I feel the same way. This board is much more than the guild.
I feel this way too. Not the little clicks that always seem to form in quilt guilds.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:51 AM

I agree completely! If only the real Guilds were are supportive and friendly as this one.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:06 AM

Love this board for all the reasons already said. 'Cause where else can you sit with a cup of coffee and in a nightshirt (or whatever you choice of) at 8AM in the morning and get your day off to a great start?
Old 10-11-2014, 04:35 AM

I also agree. I have been invited to attend the local guild meetings here, but the timing never seems right. And I too, do not enjoy driving at night, to a new (to me) location and then back home to an empty house in the country. You folks are always here to lend support, share a new technique, a recipe, a laugh and sometimes a few tears.

I love the no dues and optional choice of attire feature! Thanks for being my guild.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:37 AM

I so agree! I'm sitting here in my jammies viewing and learning, posting and drooling...where else can we sit in the comfort of our own homes and at the same time participate with so many wonderful people while thinking about and talking about what we all enjoy so much? And no one here will get pushed out of shape if I don't have time to volunteer for some committee because I work & don't have time. Plus we can have our own quilt show any time we want with the tap of a link, it's a win-win
Old 10-11-2014, 06:23 AM

I am with all of you, I get up in the a.m., grab by coffee & pills & start reading QB. I am a self taught quilter and don't belong to a local guild. So this is also my guild which is the biggest helper there is and the friendliest... Hugs To You All
Old 10-11-2014, 07:01 AM

And I don't have to stop at the gas station along the way to fill up the tank... how sweet is that? I have belonged to a quilt guild but this one is on 'my time' ..... that works for me.

ps: You all are the greatest.... really..... the greatest.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:23 PM

I have anxiety issues when it comes to being in a room with more than a handful of people at a time, so just the thought of attending a guild meeting just about makes me break out in a cold sweat ! This board, IS my guild ! I feel so 100 % comfortable asking for help, offering help when I can, sharing new things and all the rest that this board brings. I even got brave enough to take part in this years Secret Santa here on the board ! You all are " My Quilt Ladies " ( sorry to the guys, but its just easier to say ) whenever I am talking to Hubs or family about something.

It is like going to a guild meeting whenever I want to, for as long as I want to !
Old 10-11-2014, 04:36 PM

Quit my local guild. Feel more welcome here,