Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Saving website tutorials, patterns, etc.,  as a pdf >

Saving website tutorials, patterns, etc., as a pdf

Saving website tutorials, patterns, etc., as a pdf

Old 10-27-2014, 07:37 AM
Power Poster

I just save them on Adobe as PDF. It is just hard trying to remember the names of all the quilt patterns.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

I use Cute PDF. It allows me to assign whatever name I want to the file and then store it in whatever folder I want. Really like having it.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:46 AM

Thank you so much for the tutorial. At first I could not find the option to save as PDF Until I clicked on the option to change the destination printer.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:46 AM

My favorite PDF maker is a free download called Print Friendly http://www.printfriendly.com/ which allows you to save a webpage to PDF. It also removes the ads and other junk so you get a clean copy if you just want a quick print. You can get a toolbar link and it is quick and easy. This is how I save all my craft ideas.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:32 AM

I have seen print friendly used on recipe blogs and I love when they have it. I can print a recipe and choose to leave out whatever I want to (other conversation, comments, etc). I didn't know it was a download that anyone could use-I'm off to check it out!
Old 10-28-2014, 11:10 AM

I added the PrintFriendly option to Chrome and am looking forward to using it.

I've noticed cnet adds a bunch of crap to downloads too. I used to trust that site. I tried to put something on a nice clean Win 7 laptop I bought for hubby for work and spent a couple of hrs cleaning it up!
Old 10-28-2014, 11:35 AM

Added it here too. Tonight I am going to my pinterest page and find all the tutorials I pinned that I know I want to make and save them to pdf and then to evernote. Then I can access them easily from my laptop even if the original pages go down.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:36 AM

There are some articles online about how cnet and download.com have changed. I posted one here but it's probably been a year or close to it. It's a shame because a lot of companies use that site to host their download files and also they've always been trusted in the past.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:39 AM

Oh my heck. It worked! I just did one as a test and print friendly is a miracle!! I see myself making lots of things for christmas presents from my pinterest boards now. woohoo!
Old 10-29-2014, 11:20 PM

Isn't it great that technology is making it easier to go paperless?!

Sometimes, I change, or add to the name of the pdf, so it makes it easier to find later - i.e. identifying information such as "Churn Dash" if it's a variation of such, etc.

Using the Search function on your computer makes it easier to find files that you can't remember where you saved them. I use "Spotlight" on my mac, and love how easy finding files is with that feature.