Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are some good embroidery design sites?? >

What are some good embroidery design sites??

What are some good embroidery design sites??

Old 11-02-2014, 07:59 AM

My first go-to is embroiderylibrary.com, next is OPW, BFC designs (very expensive but beautiful stitch outs). There are so many, I have a hard time remembering.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:28 AM

Default Have design custom digitized??

Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
Thanks for your help. I don't really have anything in particular in mind for designs. I'm not into redwork though. It's one of those things that you know you want something for a project and nothing seems to be exactly what you're looking for.
If you have something specific in mind, and can find a picture of what you want, you could have the picture digitized.......I have found that most of the designs (not terribly complicated) that I have had done have been under $20...(which is not much for a totally customized design IMHO)....Just a thought.......
Old 11-02-2014, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
I hope this is the correct place to ask this question.

I've been using Embroidery Library and iBroidery for designs but they don't always have what I'm looking for. I would appreciate suggestions on other sites you have used and like. I'm leary of trying just any site that comes up in a search. Some are not what they seem. TIA.
I now have a couple of sites I use exclusively because I know their stuff is very well digitized, always dependable.
Urban Threads has designs that are very unique. Molly Mine is fantastic for a variety of things again always a perfect stitchout from her. For a huge variety of items I go to Artistic Thread Works.
I've done 2 quilts from Hoop Sisters and their stitch outs are great but the patterns are very expensive. The quilts turn out absolutely gorgeous.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:15 AM

Bobby Socks Quilt Co. is a very good site , some for sale and some for free. If you type free embroidery patterns in your search bar , you will get lots of sites.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:26 PM

I have many sites that I go to and each of them have their own style of embroidery. Sonia Showalter has some very beautiful designs and she also gives some of them away almost weekly. I have several of her alphabets and other designs. They stitch out exceptionally. Planet Applique has cute kid style appliques. Ann the Gran, Embroidery Home, Gorgeous Stitches, Embroidery Designs.com, Splinters and Threads, Pixie's Rule, Embroidery Garden, and a lot of the ones already mentioned also have freebies you can download and try out. Have fun searching!
Old 11-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Plumtree View Post
Really, I like Etsy.com I can put what I am looking for in search and then I can buy the design or designs I want. Only complaint is if I find several from different sellers it can take a while to check out. I will put whatever I am looking for followed by embroidery design and BAM many to chose from usually. I also like secretsof.com

Happy Stitching
I've become very cautious about buying designs from Etsy. Many are beginners at digitizing and don't take the time to stitch out their designs first to make sure they're good. I've had every kind of problem from not dense enough to too dense to each half of a design being so different the design as a whole was unusable. Some problems are an easy fix on my end but others are not, the designs should not be sold like they are.

Cari
Old 11-02-2014, 02:45 PM

designsbysick is a great site
Old 11-02-2014, 06:11 PM

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JuliasNeedleDesigns/ she has a lot of sales and gives away a lot of free designs. She has 50cents & $1 sales going on all the time. Designs sew out great.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:00 PM

I have done business with several of the ones listed and just last week I bought a package of designs from SewSwellDesigns. I only needed one that was included with the package which was on sale. I am not a happy camper so far. There was 3 sizes of the designs and I choose the middle size, thinking that the designs were all the same and included everything that was shown. NOT. I have sent them two messages, there's no phone number to call, and I needed this design for a wedding on the 9th of this month! So unless I get some assistance from the really soon, I will never buy again, and surely not recommend them.