Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Have you rec'd your current Block magazine? >

Have you rec'd your current Block magazine?

Have you rec'd your current Block magazine?

Old 11-03-2014, 05:47 AM

Too bad that you can't preview what the next issue has before ordering it. It would be nice to see if there is anything interesting in there. I do love the stories that she shares with us and I do love Jenny but the magazine doesn't have too many things that I want to make. Thanking seriously about canceling.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:50 AM

Cancelled my subscription after the last issue. Too many errors. There was nothing new or innovative, plus many of the projects can be found online. Why pay for something I can get for free?
Old 11-03-2014, 07:00 AM

Your 'NORMAL' routine is funny. Wish you lived near me in Pennsylvania or at least belonged to our guild.
I was ready to cancel 'BLOCK' last month so I guess I'll do it now.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Power Poster

I have put just about all the quilt patterns from Block magazine in EQ7. It's amazing how a change of colors can make even the plainest pattern spectacular. For $6 it's the best value out there for quilt patterns especially if you have EQ.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:19 AM

I really like the magazine and found a few quilts I would like to make. Sorry you didn't enjoy it.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:14 AM

I had to cancel my subscription last month. I didn't receive the summer issue until the middle of October - after emailing them three times and being assured they would get the issue mailed out immediately. nI didn't receive the issue until after I told them to cancel my subscription.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:55 AM

Received mine, and have now cancelled my subscription. It's a nice magazine but I've yet to make one quilt featured in any of the four issues I've received. And I've found I get as much pleasure from looking at images of quilts on this Board or elsewhere -- including catalogs -- as in Block. I really liked better the Quilting Quickly magazine that preceded Block, even though it (Block) has no ads.

I wish them luck, though. I love Jenny's videos, and if their store was near me, I'd certainly visit!
Old 11-03-2014, 10:28 AM

I also received mine and wasn't impressed with the patterns this time. Don't know what is the problem, but they all seem just dull.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:41 AM

Well, I loved it. I'm currently working on a quilt from the previous issue (I guess that was the Summer one). Anyway, I do adore the YouTube tutorials but I prefer to have the reference book right in front of me while I'm working on the project so, for me, the bookazine is an awesome resource.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:16 AM

I received mine last week, and you're right, it did seem a little boring. I watch her YouTube videos but for some reason I like projects in print. Currently it is the only subscription I am getting, I stopped all the other magazines because I was getting too many. There are so many free patterns available on the internet that I just figured I'd save my money. At least with BLOCK we don't get advertisements. I'm going to keep my subscription for now.