9 patch on it's way

Old 11-07-2014, 09:36 PM

That some tag you got after your name. WOW! Jon Just Jon

OK, Jon...is that a good WOW, a bad WOW or a "gotcha thinking about it" WOW? Don't think about your reply...there is no right or wrong answer. I'm just curious.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:44 AM

And here I am this morning, not getting anything done to make my day count for something. But I have enjoyed catching up on my reading here on the QB. Actually, I am doing some procrastinating, because I started a quilt for my GDIL over a month ago, ran out of the fabric to make the rest of the design come out right, and lost my focus. Now I am just drifting, trying to make up my mind to "pitch it all" or put it in a box, call it a UFO, and start all over after a trip to Whittles to buy enough to make it start to finish. What to do, what to do......
Old 11-08-2014, 09:57 AM

Jeanette be happy you didn't put money down on that bet. I never felt that I shouldn't have started the project though there were a few oops moments where my thoughts were along the lines of "I wish I hadn't done that. Now how am I going to fix it?". Some things I couldn't fix, others I could. I fixed what I could and moved on. Live and learn. I know there's no such thing as perfection though I chase after it anyway. I drive my wife nuts because I nitpick my projects to death. It's funny though, stuff that bothers me on my own work would be completely acceptable or not noticed at all on other people's work.

Actually I'm a rank amatuer too. This is the second quilt I've completed and I learn more every time I sit down to sew. I actually really enjoyed every step of this project. It started out as something to lift the spirits of Ashlea but seeing everyone pull together to make this happen has lifted mine as well.

JoAnn, I'm sitting on the first quilt I ever started. It was intended for my wife. I was too ambitious in the pattern I chose and really haven't come up with a good way to salvage it. I also have a roughly half completed quilt I started for my new grand niece after she was born. She's a year old now. I hit a spot where I had to stop and regroup on it too. I have a direction again on hers and will start it again now that this project is finished. I just need to pick up some more fabric for it.
Whatever decision you make I'm sure it will be the right one and you'll be able to move forward again. Don't let it get you down for long. I think everyone hits roadblocks like yours or mine.

Donna I love that quote you found.
Rodney
Old 11-08-2014, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
That some tag you got after your name. WOW! Jon Just Jon

OK, Jon...is that a good WOW, a bad WOW or a "gotcha thinking about it" WOW? Don't think about your reply...there is no right or wrong answer. I'm just curious.

How can I reply without thinking?

Should I just "shoot from the hip?" I'm lible to blow my toe off.

Last edited by jlhmnj; 11-08-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:41 AM

Rodney, so glad you have finished the quilt. Like everyone else can't wait to see pictures.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:01 PM

I took pictures yesterday. I was able to hang the quilt in Roserips' studio where I could get pictures of the whole thing. I will ship the quilt out tomorrow. It should arrive at Ashea and Caleb's home around Thursday or Friday. Pictures will be posted after I know it made it.
Rodney
Old 11-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oldtnquiltinglady View Post
And here I am this morning, not getting anything done to make my day count for something. But I have enjoyed catching up on my reading here on the QB. Actually, I am doing some procrastinating, because I started a quilt for my GDIL over a month ago, ran out of the fabric to make the rest of the design come out right, and lost my focus. Now I am just drifting, trying to make up my mind to "pitch it all" or put it in a box, call it a UFO, and start all over after a trip to Whittles to buy enough to make it start to finish. What to do, what to do......
lap quilt???
Old 11-11-2014, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
How can I reply without thinking?

Should I just "shoot from the hip?" I'm lible to blow my toe off.
Yep, just your "shoot from the hip" thoughts. And what do you think of the new signature quote, Jon?
Old 11-11-2014, 09:38 AM

Donna (blueheavenfla) that is wonderful (yours, about the types of person); or were you commenting on Jon's--I guess I'll have to go back searching and see what y'all are muddling (or laughing?) about.

Back to the subject at hand, I keep checking every day to see the progress on Ashlea's quilt, and Ashlea herself.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
Yep, just your "shoot from the hip" thoughts. And what do you think of the new signature quote, Jon?

Ever hear the 1920's song "My Blueheaven"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w-_xbBmXJ4

Last edited by jlhmnj; 11-11-2014 at 09:58 AM.