Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I quit! >

I quit!

I quit!

Old 11-11-2014, 09:56 AM

I am with you, except I am getting fed up with all the quilts I have around the house, I have been giving them as gift, to my daughters, my coworkers and charity, I am sure people are avoiding me because they are afraid I will give them a quilt, I quit my guild because they moved too far away, and I avoid driving at night if I can. I am trying to finish all my UFO's and then???? Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:18 AM

I resist fq , too. They are expensive and I always am sure that I will need more than they offer.
Originally Posted by leighway View Post
I always resist fat quarters because I cannot justify the cost...they're expensive! unless the quality is poor and they're on sale...easier than ever to resist.
However!!! the gist of this post is Enough is Enough! and I'm there!!! (looks like I went to a sale on exclamation points!)
The two bureau drawers where I put my scraps are jammed and I break out into a rash every time I look at them. I feel a Bonnie Hunter blow-out prep session coming, which will inevitably lead me to a Bonnie Hunter scrap quilt session, on top of the MQ session....oh Lord...this is how we digress and end up with UFO's...
Old 11-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Power Poster

The fat quarter towers are a good value. It has every fabric in that line. Usually one tower is more then enough for a large quilt. They go on sale all the time.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by rosiewell View Post
I am with you, except I am getting fed up with all the quilts I have around the house, I have been giving them as gift, to my daughters, my coworkers and charity, I am sure people are avoiding me because they are afraid I will give them a quilt, I quit my guild because they moved too far away, and I avoid driving at night if I can. I am trying to finish all my UFO's and then???? Thanks for letting me vent.
When you get "fed up" with all you have, just remember that in the big picture, a lot of people don't know anyone with an actual "homemade" or "individually made" quilt. So, just keep on gifting them!
Old 11-12-2014, 06:04 AM

I have decided that I'm going to start making some animal quilts for my local Humane Society. I contacted them yesterday, to find out what size they want, and they said that 10 by 15 inches would be great for the cat cages. I thought that would be a perfect size to practice my FMQ skills, and sewing binding on by machine (I hate hand sewing) and I could use up all my "ugly", "Why did I buy that?" type of fabric. The cats won't care what it looks like or what color it is, and the size is small enough that I can make them quickly.
But I need to start using up some of the fabric I have been buying since I started quilting.

I also am not buying any more fabric unless I need it for a specific project, and it is a project that I have already started or will be starting as soon as I get the fabric for it... no more... "I love it, I don't know what I will do with it, but I have to have it" fabrics for me.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:04 AM

Just this morning looking at fat quarters.... thinking of starting a "Turning Twenty"....
Old 11-13-2014, 09:24 AM

I don't have much of a stash, a couple of FQ collections, but it's not what I need. I'll hold onto them until I need them...but why does my fabric have to be Hoffman, Kaufman, Dewberry, Fabric Traditions, etc? I wish I could break my mold. I don't buy fabric unless it's for a specific project. i do have a few 'Jelly rolls around as well.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:25 PM

Default Reply about fat quarters

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Who can resist fat quarters? Not me that's for sure. There are some great scrap quilts on Bonnie's site so go for it! Let us know how your resolution goes.
I don't really see the appeal of fat quarters. I know the idea behind them but if I want a sm pc of fabric I'd rather buy a half yd. Maybe that's why I have so much fabric but I don't care for the price of fat quarters