Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any familiar with Marti Michelle patterns? >

Any familiar with Marti Michelle patterns?

Any familiar with Marti Michelle patterns?

Old 11-15-2014, 09:56 AM

They are GREAT! And you end up with very accurate blocks. I made several quilts using them, and as Kathy said, there are patterns for other blocks that come with the set of templates.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:11 AM

I used a pattern of hers for the second quilt I ever made. Had all these stacks of blocks, etc., but kept them labeled as she suggested and it went together so easily in spite of all the stacks. I have purchased the dahlia pattern and it has templates. The lady in the shop where I bought it has made many of these and she assures me that it goes together without a hitch. Her patterns are wonderful.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:31 AM

She is amazing....I love her items! She also has videos on-line that you can view. She has a great ruler/template that makes the tesselating windmill - which is the twister pattern without any of the waste.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:12 AM

I used a Storm at Sea pattern to do a small quilt -- the one with a heart in the lower right corner. The cutting templates were really easy to use, but I had a great deal of difficulty following the pattern instructions. Had it not been for an excellent and very patient teacher, I would still be looking at piles of triangles and diamonds. I got the quilt top finished, by the way, and I am pleased with how it turned out, but I don't share the enthusiasm others seem to have about the designer. Sorry!
Old 11-17-2014, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
I am going to a Retreat in January, and her pattern has been chosen that uses 3 of her ruler sets. If you have done one of her quilts using her methods. Please answer this, did you like the method? Did you make more of her patterns?

I have three sets of the templates, if they are the ones you need I will send them to you for postage, let me know, Sylvia
Old 11-17-2014, 05:23 AM

Default Templates

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
I am going to a Retreat in January, and her pattern has been chosen that uses 3 of her ruler sets. If you have done one of her quilts using her methods. Please answer this, did you like the method? Did you make more of her patterns?

I have made 3 of her patterns using her templates. I love the templates and have used them for other blocks. Her patterns are very easy and detailed to follow. I don't think you will disappointed. Good Luck. Which pattern are you doing?
Old 11-17-2014, 07:24 AM

Thanks y'all. I'm getting the templates for Christmas. Looking forward to the retreat. The quilt pattern is from her new 5 book. Something about bean counters star. I haven't chosen the fabrics yet, I'm going to wait till closer to time. It's so much fun to use a "New" fabric at a Retreat.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:29 AM

I like her templates also. I have never made one of her quilts just use them for other blocks.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:01 AM

i have been investing in all of her templates. I love them, they make piecing so easy and there are lots of options available in her books, plus you can also use them for other patterns once you figure out which size you need.
The Kaleidoscope template makes a gorgeous little pattern; i'm making that one as my son's wedding quilt.
I have two daughter's that are also quilting, so i buy the templates and rulers and then we have a "lending library" set up where whomever needs a tool checks it out.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:21 AM

I have seen her templates and talked to others that have used them and then say they are great.

They are an investment.