Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you want for christmas? >

What do you want for christmas?

What do you want for christmas?

Old 11-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Power Poster

I want to get the attention of that Billionaire who is giving his wealth away before he dies. Me, me, me. shucks. Oh well, maybe Santa can give me some store credit somewhere. That would always be nice.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:10 PM

A quilting magazine subscription would give a gift every time it arrives. One of my daughters gives me a quilting calendar that I hang in my sewing room and I think about her every time I look at it.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

I think a nice selection of quality thread would be nice and always useful.

I have a wish list on the Accuquilt and Amazon website so the kids and DH can pick something from it.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:51 PM

I will say that the Karen Kay Buckley scissors are wonderful and can be used for all types of sewing. However if she already has a favorite pair or if they aren't available around you? Does she have a favorite place that she goes to get sewing supplies? Maybe a gift certificate to there and a day spent taking her there and having lunch.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:54 PM
Power Poster

I would LOVE a longarm quilter gift card for ONE free quilt to be quilted for me. I've hand quilted over 300 quilts in my lifetime, and my hands are getting old.
one free quilted quilt for me please!
Old 11-17-2014, 01:14 PM

My wish for Christmas is for an Innova sit down quilting machine in the desk. But....... It will NEVER happen soo...... my next wish is for a tablet, or small laptop. I do not own a smart phone or a tablet or laptop and it would be nice to have when away from my home. I told my kids that last night while they were over here. Said that I would take one of their hand-me-downs as long as it still worked. I doubt that will happen either.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 11-17-2014, 01:43 PM

One thing that is small, but was a wonderful gift to me was a Needle Threader. As I get older it gets harder and harder for me to hit that hole. It is the type where you drop the needle with the hole down, you pull the thread across and push a lever and WALA, the needle is threaded.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:47 PM

I usually buy what I need or want if hubby's along to prod me. We give each other the gift of a weekend at a B&B in St. Ignace just over the Macinaw bridge in February.Of course there is a nice little quilt shop there. This year instead plan to go Alabama to see #4 son.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:01 PM

For your mum, how about a gadget that is a long-handled magnet so she can pick up pins and needles off the floor without having to bend so far over? I'm not sure there is one (I haven't looked) but I would love to have one if available.

Or can you sit with her and browse some favorite online shops ?
Old 11-17-2014, 03:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KSellers View Post
I agree with ManiacQuilter2 -- if you can take her out on a little quilt day, maybe have lunch somewhere --that will mean more to her than anything. Time spent with loved ones is the best gift.
My mom loved it most when we just hung out together. Make a day of it. Shops, lunch and then back home to plan a quilt together with the stuff you bought! I never got to quilt with my mom and I know she would have loved it.
peace