Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 11-24-2014, 05:20 PM

I want them, I want them, I want them......... They are fabulous...... Did you create the patterns???

hugs

Caroline

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
Finally finished my "Place mat of the month club" gifts for my folks and aunts for month of December....so can get them in the mail Monday!!!! {{whew!!}} It turned our to be a good idea - as they have all mentioned looking forward to getting the next month. Can now get back to sewing on the infinity scarves - or maybe i should sandwich the quilt for my niece - or work on the Kleenex box covers .....anyway....getting back to it. Here's a photo...hope they make you smile.[ATTACH=CONFIG]500011[/ATTACH]
Old 11-24-2014, 06:45 PM

Wow, checked the mailbox today and have packages coming out my ears. I cant say enough how thankful I am for such a nice group of ladies. Thanks so much to Kiffie, Momma Rose, PennF, and Oksewnsew for the packages. I did open the one from PenniF and just read the card to make sure it was a Dec 6th box. As soon as I read the card I promptly closed the box without looking at the contents. All the packages are now together in a safe place until opening day. Thanks again ladies.

Only one of the kids got a dear today. He is super happy. It is what we call a West Virginia 11 point. Translation, its a spike but he is thrilled. Its his first dear and he is only 8 so the fact that he got it on his first shot is amazing. He cant stop smiling. The rest will have more luck as the week goes on I have faith. Onto finishing wrapping up my SS package.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post

Only one of the kids got a dear today. He is super happy. It is what we call a West Virginia 11 point. Translation, its a spike but he is thrilled. Its his first dear and he is only 8 so the fact that he got it on his first shot is amazing. He cant stop smiling. The rest will have more luck as the week goes on I have faith. Onto finishing wrapping up my SS package.
Oh CONGRATULATIONS.....it is a day / event he will never ever forget. Good for him !!!!!
Old 11-24-2014, 07:11 PM

I received my second ornament package today, from Mrs Shak. Thank you so much. I had to laugh that we had each other for swaps, though not for the same one.....I did have to check!

Cannot wait for all of the different opening days. Feel like a kid again!

Deb
Old 11-24-2014, 08:04 PM

Hey, Michelle, you weren't supposed to know WHO the pkg was from....it did say from CHRISTMAS ELF.. hahaha
Old 11-24-2014, 08:56 PM

I love these

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
Finally finished my "Place mat of the month club" gifts for my folks and aunts for month of December....so can get them in the mail Monday!!!! {{whew!!}} It turned our to be a good idea - as they have all mentioned looking forward to getting the next month. Can now get back to sewing on the infinity scarves - or maybe i should sandwich the quilt for my niece - or work on the Kleenex box covers .....anyway....getting back to it. Here's a photo...hope they make you smile.[ATTACH=CONFIG]500011[/ATTACH]
Old 11-24-2014, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
Hey, Michelle, you weren't supposed to know WHO the pkg was from....it did say from CHRISTMAS ELF.. hahaha
I know. I had to check the addy's to make sure they were not for other swaps since I am in a bunch. I didnt want to just not check and have a partner from one of the swaps where we are opening when received wondering what happened. I still dont know what is in any of them though. They are all packed neatly in a 4H bag here waiting on me. They keep taunting me. Naughty packages. I may send them to the hole so they can taunt all of us.

off to bed with me. up early to started on another swap.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:58 PM

Absolutely love love those placemats!! I'm a huge fan of reindeer. I would love the pattern too. You did an amazing job!
Old 11-25-2014, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

Happy for the young man and his first deer. We just finished deer season (rifle) yesterday here. Because my husnband and I have 65 acres and another 45 of my bro-in-laws joining it, family come here with friends to hunt every deer and turkey season. Next weekend is muzzle load gun season. I think it is just one weekend. My youngest son (41 yrs old) will be here for that. It's a more exact hunting as you only have time for the one shot,then have to reload.One of my grandsons got 2 large bucks last weekend. I don't dress them out or make jerky anymore. It's getting to hard for these old bones. ha.My jerky takes 4 days to make and all the kids used to have me make up a deer for them. They had to dress it and then I took over.I got half of the meat so it was a good deal. Hunting season is a big deal around here too. Good luck to the rest of the family. Mary
Old 11-25-2014, 10:38 AM

Just got back from mailing off SS package. Took the youngest to check in his deer. I think he was a little overwhelmed at the process. He looked scared out his mind while doing it, not sure what it was all about but he did it. DH is heading back out to hopefully bring home the big one. I however am spending the afternoon sewing up some items for another swap. This is the last one. May take some time to go out hunting myself. I am finding my happy place of course it would be much happier if the dishes were already done. LOL OH well, one can only wish.

Dont forget to let me know when the rest of your ornaments come in.