Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 11-24-2014, 03:11 PM

Welcome, Ruthie, to our group. We have so much fun in here. Everyone will send some guidelines concerning colors they would like used in their block along with their F8. You get to decide what pattern for the block you want to make.
For instance, for my fabric, I'm asking for WOW (white on white) to be used for background. Then I'd love some of the lighter blue in my fabric also. Just NO brown added please. Other than that, just go for it! All the returned blocks will go together so well.
I'm happy to have you join us. Just jump in, we're all one big family here! Oh, and we do like to (ahem)chat a lot!
Old 11-24-2014, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ruthee_Jax View Post
Hi everyone! My name is Ruthee and this will be my first BOOM. I am a medical paralegal by trade and that certainly keeps life interesting. My eldest just graduated from VCU with a art degree with a minor in fiber arts. My youngest doesn't like fabric, sewing, or anything of the sort....which means I don't have to share! LOL

I have quilted for almost 21 years (holy cats!!!) -- made my first quilt for my first born and she took it away to college with her, tattered and torn. It made me cry.

I am currently obsessed with fussy cut hexagons and hand sewing projects but I love to do just about all types of quilting.

Looking forward to seeing all the cool stuff that will be going on!
This is my first boom swap too. I think there are a few of us boom noobs in this group.

I just saw fussy cut hexies for the first time a few weeks ago, and if I didn't hate hand stitching so much I think I would be so hooked on them.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:47 PM

Ruthee, glad to see you jumped on in! Any questions you have, feel free to post here. Some of the Boomers have been a Boomer longer than I have so they can usually answer you as well as I can.

Everyone is right about the f8s and color requests. While color requests are just that, requests, most people abide by them. A lot of our swappers like to have their fabric be the "feature" fabric, and some don't seem to mind how it is used. (I'd ask everyone who really wants their fabric to stand out, to make sure you say that in your requests.) Also, Ruthee, unless someone asks for the remnants back, you are welcome to keep them if you like.

That's all I can think of now - except welcome to the QB and Boom14.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:26 PM

Welcome Ruthie! I was a "first-Boom-rookie" when I signed-up for Boom 11. Everyone was great and went out of their way to let me know that HERE is where I could get questions answered, discover helpful tips, learn there is a new ruler for every mountain you will climb, get notifications regarding on-sale today fabrics on line.....and so much more.

As a matter of fact just today ---AZKat provided a great tip on how to turn a wife's quilt into a queen size ......just keep adding sashing until its big enough! Looking forward to swapping with you!

Kassaundra....did I read that you might be interested in jumping in for the UFO Challenge? Way to go! We won't start making blocks for this Boom until the first week of January! Name your project...must be finished and photo posted here by midnight on December 24th. Jump in....and start sashing!

Libster, I am definitely on tracking with you for your lovely fabric choice. Have a collection of WOW to choose from. I am really wanting to create a soft blue quilt next.

Buzzing back to the sewing room to stay ahead of Kat.....where are all the members of my staff when I need them?
Slacking again...I am sure. [ATTACH=CONFIG]500131[/ATTACH]

Bee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Staff Tired from Move.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	277.1 KB
ID:	500131  
Old 11-24-2014, 06:55 PM

The ufo I need to get finished most is my blue and yellow star. So that is my named one. I have a little more then half of my blocks to assemble, then stitching the edges. I got all the quilting finished today.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
The ufo I need to get finished most is my blue and yellow star. So that is my named one. I have a little more then half of my blocks to assemble, then stitching the edges. I got all the quilting finished today.
OH, OH, Bee. Sounds like Kass is WAY ahead of both of us.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ruthee_Jax View Post
Hi everyone! My name is Ruthee and this will be my first BOOM. I am a medical paralegal by trade and that certainly keeps life interesting. My eldest just graduated from VCU with a art degree with a minor in fiber arts. My youngest doesn't like fabric, sewing, or anything of the sort....which means I don't have to share! LOL

I have quilted for almost 21 years (holy cats!!!) -- made my first quilt for my first born and she took it away to college with her, tattered and torn. It made me cry.

I am currently obsessed with fussy cut hexagons and hand sewing projects but I love to do just about all types of quilting.

Looking forward to seeing all the cool stuff that will be going on!
Welcome Ruthee to the BOOM! You will have lots of fun here and meet lots of new online friends. I am pleased to see that you are sewing hexagons. I have been sewing hexagons together for the last two years. Not much to show for the time involved, I stitch a few and something else catches my attention. (another swap?) Also I am not fussy cutting, just cutting out 30's fabric. I would love to see some of your hexies.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:12 AM

Good morning everyone! I am also trying to finish some projects before the boom starts. Learning from the past, I am trying to finish up with a couple of swaps, at least get them ready to mail, plus finish up a couple of small ufos. One is a quilt of valor for my DH. I started it for his birthday last year, Hope to give it for Christmas this year. I love seeing what everyone is working on.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
Good morning everyone! I am also trying to finish some projects before the boom starts. Learning from the past, I am trying to finish up with a couple of swaps, at least get them ready to mail, plus finish up a couple of small ufos. One is a quilt of valor for my DH. I started it for his birthday last year, Hope to give it for Christmas this year. I love seeing what everyone is working on.
OK, Sunrise, you in for the Dec. 24 challenge with your quilt of valor?
Old 11-25-2014, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
OH, OH, Bee. Sounds like Kass is WAY ahead of both of us.
I don't think I'm ahead, I do mine backwards, quilt first then assemble.