Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >
  • Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

• Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 11-25-2014, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    I don't think I'm ahead, I do mine backwards, quilt first then assemble.
    OK, I need to know how to do that. It just boggles my mind.
    Old 11-25-2014, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT
    OK, Sunrise, you in for the Dec. 24 challenge with your quilt of valor?
    Oh! Oh! Why do I open my big mouth? Okay! Gotta tell you my sister in law is going to be visiting from Ohio starting Dec.8th through...? I think she plans to be here at least a week and a half. I am going to try to finish it. Do I need to send a picture of what I have finished? I am saying finished loosely. I haven't even got it ready to quilt yet. Wish me luck!
    Old 11-25-2014, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT
    OK, I need to know how to do that. It just boggles my mind.
    I do not do hand quilting, do not have a long arm machine, and have never been able to master getting a whole quilt w/ batting in the tiny opening in the harp of the machine. I started w/ quilt as you go years ago and have tried almost every version of it I believe. What I do now is my own wacky way outside the box hybrid version of it, that would send a traditionalist straight to the medicine cabinet.
    Old 11-25-2014, 10:06 AM

I also have a few projects to get done. This is the number 1 priority, Contray Wife for my mom made strictly from my stash. Would like to add one to each row but am running out of the light Blues that look white in the picture. Still have all the bottom sashing etc to do. Just making it up as I go. This will be finished when top is completed, sister is insisting on tieing it. Not happy with that but Mom will get it quicker that way. Rather then waiting for me to quilt it[ATTACH=CONFIG]500165[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	500165  
    Old 11-25-2014, 10:33 AM

Well, I made through the 2nd interview and the third (phone) with the VP of the company will happen tomorrow. I am more than qualified for the job. But.. in their job application package they sent me, they ask for my birthdate. Ok.. I am turning 60 next month... (YIKES, I used to think I wont live to see 30..). I am actually quite worried they will look at my age and say, No Way. The majority of their employees in the position I am applying for are young (25 to 35) men with college degrees. I am not male, not young and no degree. lol.. and.. I asked for a bigger salary than they pay those young bucks..
    Yeah.. BUT.. those young pups don't know squat! I have 35 years experience in the business.
    In any case, what will be, will be.. the future's not ours to see.. (anyone else singing that?) I only have to wait a few more days to see ..

and I have some fat 8ths begging to be used.. they are calling to me.. "not yet".. I reply to them... "maybe.."
    Old 11-25-2014, 10:35 AM

What is a Wife's quilt? Several have mentioned this..
    Old 11-25-2014, 10:43 AM

Yeah Bluelady, see hope this is the one. Will be sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way
    Old 11-25-2014, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelady
    What is a Wife's quilt? Several have mentioned this..
    A wife quilt it the one you put on the bed that covers "the wife" for when she gets cold and the husband is still hot. It's bigger than a lap but smaller than a double. Fits nicely folded at the bottom of the bed to be pulled up in the middle of the night, if needed.
    Old 11-25-2014, 12:59 PM

Bluelady, I believe it is illegal to ask a job applicant's age unless it's to be sure a person is at least 18. Any HR rep should know this...the question may be asked after a person is hired.

I hope they recognize your experience and hire you, Good luck!
    Well, I made through the 2nd interview and the third (phone) with the VP of the company will happen tomorrow. I am more than qualified for the job. But.. in their job application package they sent me, they ask for my birthdate. Ok.. I am turning 60 next month... (YIKES, I used to think I wont live to see 30..). I am actually quite worried they will look at my age and say, No Way. The majority of their employees in the position I am applying for are young (25 to 35) men with college degrees. I am not male, not young and no degree. lol.. and.. I asked for a bigger salary than they pay those young bucks..
    Yeah.. BUT.. those young pups don't know squat! I have 35 years experience in the business.
    In any case, what will be, will be.. the future's not ours to see.. (anyone else singing that?) I only have to wait a few more days to see ..

and I have some fat 8ths begging to be used.. they are calling to me.. "not yet".. I reply to them... "maybe.."
    Old 11-25-2014, 01:45 PM

I hear them saying "go ahead, sign up. You know you want to".