Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 11-24-2014, 07:22 PM

Happy Birthday Lstew2212 hope your day is great!!!!
Old 11-24-2014, 07:37 PM

Hello ladies....December birthday addresses are out....please PM me if you did NOT receive a PM today from me.

Please try really hard to get Nurse Bonnie's out asap. Her birthday is December 1 !!!!

Thanks
barb
Old 11-24-2014, 07:58 PM

Contest time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In honor of Daisy Dew's birthday.

all the following questions have to do with Thanksgiving.
1) Which president made Thanksgiving an annual holiday at the end of November?
a) lincoln
b) washington
c) madison
d) taylor

2) Is Thanksgiving celebrated on the last Thursday in November or the 4th Thursday in November?
a) last Thursday
b) 4th Thursday

3) Which American founding father believed a turkey would be a better national symbol than the bald eagle?
a) Washington
b) Adams
C) Madison
D) Ben Franklin

4) Which of the following foods was most likely served at the 1st Thanksgiving in 1621?
a) Pumpkin Pie
b) Potatoes
c) cranberry sauce
d) shellfish

5) Which of the following is NOT true of turkeys?
a) Turkey meat is packed with more protein then chicken or ground beef.
b) Even wild turkeys cannot fly
c) a turkey can run up to 25 miles per hour
d) Average male turkey weighs nearly twice as much as the average female turkey.

There you go..................PM me your answers by 11pm Tuesday.

barb
Old 11-25-2014, 04:34 AM

I had a great birthday yesterday, Many presents and surprises. I waited until my birthday to open all my squishies. Thanks to all. These are the birthday squishies I have received so far. Jarenie, Thanks for the fat quarter. Mrsshalibut, Bjsmith57, Mrs sherbet, Ahwu, sewbixgirl, thanks for the Mug rug. Karen G, Bollock2us, MaT, Oneteapot, thanks for the fat quarter, cindyvb, NLS, Anokaquilter, KathyM,Trishb, WMUteach, Jannie,Thanks for the fat quarter. Grannyrosie, Daisydew,thanks for the pattern, havplenty, happylab, Nursebonnie, letsquilt, djmat, dorides, mamaskeeto, sheriR.

I also received from Billie56. I am not sure who billie56 is, I don't have you on my list. But thank you.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
benndm thanks for my wonderful candy and mouse ornament(?). I have had to take it from my Samson twice. What is it stuffed with? Just want to make sure there is nothing toxic to kitties just in case he finds it again.
The stuffing is just poly-fil. Glad you like it. Hope you had a great birthday.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:20 PM

I mailed all my December Candies today. I sure hope Nurse Bonnie that yours get there by Monday. The rest of you girls feel free to open ahead of time so birthday and Christmas are not on top of each other. My Grandmother was born on Christmas day.
I believe Billie 56 is Billie Jean on our list. She was ill for a long time. I also received Candies from you Billie. Thank You very much. i am so thankful you are feeling better.

Last edited by trish b; 11-26-2014 at 08:25 PM. Reason: left out important part.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:53 AM

Perfect quiz for my birthday!!! I LOVE Thanksgiving! Well, gotta get to work so A Very Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!! And I do not - no way go shopping today - well or tomorrow either! We stay home and bug each other LO jigsaw puzzles are ready, a few card games, well eating of course. Love the smells. And a concert on Saturday. Love it.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:05 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

My SIL lost her battle with cancer this morning. While my heart is full of sorrow I am yet full of thanksgiving and gratitude. It is not difficult for me to be thankful. I know there is a season to everything. My SIL is at peace and suffers no more.

I saw this wonderful message online that I want to share. My family will still break bread today, with tears in our eyes and thankfulness in our hearts.

"Everyone’s situation is different, and the details of each life are unique. Nevertheless, I have learned that there is something that would take away the bitterness that may come into our lives. There is one thing we can do to make life sweeter, more joyful, even glorious.
We can be grateful!
It might sound contrary to the wisdom of the world to suggest that one who is burdened with sorrow should give thanks to God. But those who set aside the bottle of bitterness and lift instead the goblet of gratitude can find a purifying drink of healing, peace, and understanding."
From Dieter F. Uchtdorf (full message here)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-27-2014, 06:12 AM

Havplenty, many prayers to you and your family. Your SIL is smiling down upon you this holiday season. Have a nice Thanksgiving.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
Havplenty, many prayers to you and your family. Your SIL is smiling down upon you this holiday season. Have a nice Thanksgiving.
I wish I could give you a hug. I'm sorry for the loss of your sister. Thank you for the beautiful quote!