Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone quilting this weekend?? >

Anyone quilting this weekend??

Anyone quilting this weekend??

Old 12-14-2014, 04:55 AM

I got a lot of errands, shopping and wrapping done yesterday. Today it will be around 60 degrees so I have to wash the car and finish raking the leaves before it gets cold. This afternoon I will finally get to do some sewing. I will be making the squares for a disappearing 9-patch for my MIL. ��

your little robot is cute!
Old 12-14-2014, 03:31 PM

I'm finishing up a snowflake table topper and working on two Mariner's Compass quilts. One is a queen size that I have 13 blocks out of 30 done, and one is a lap robe & I only have three blocks done for that. The lap robe is something my DH told me I should do as I've been doing two blocks at a time to finish my Mariner's quilt. (Stjill working on assembly on that one too!) When I got done with the added blocks I needed for mine, he suggested I continue with two blocks at a time to have a Mariner's lap robe to gift. I've been doing small projects trying to keep the burn-out away!! As much as I love the Mariner's blocks, enough is enough... LOL!
Old 12-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

I love how he's coming out. I love the randomness of the strips in the blocks. i'd love to see him done.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:26 PM

Sounds like everyone is having a productive weekend! I've almost finished the robot, I just have the rows to join now. (It's quilt as you go, so joining the rows is the last thing). Plus I got 2 more projects cut out that I'm taking with me on our road trip. I'm planning to sew while the guys are out skiing again!
Old 12-14-2014, 06:10 PM

I got seven blocks done - doesn't sound like a lot but I timed myself and it takes 1 1/2 to do one block. So not bad for a productive weekend.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Power Poster

I got to play with the BH mystery quilt blocks today. I'm behind on those so it was fun to start catching back up!

I love your robot quilt too! Please be sure to show it to us once you get it done.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Olectra View Post
I got a lot of errands, shopping and wrapping done yesterday. Today it will be around 60 degrees so I have to wash the car and finish raking the leaves before it gets cold. This afternoon I will finally get to do some sewing. I will be making the squares for a disappearing 9-patch for my MIL. ��

your little robot is cute!
All of the gifts are ready to ship. Then cleaned up the house (glitter everywhere, well not anymore). YAY!!
I still never got to do any sewing. BOO :'(
Old 12-14-2014, 08:26 PM

I didnt start the sewing process yet, but did lots of cutting. Thinking of making another rag quilt using some of my swap oriental fabric from a while ago. Just not sure yet colour of flannel to use with it.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:17 PM

I got the first row done on my Postcard Cuties snowman quilt. That includes the piecing and the embroidery. I can't believe the weekend went by so quickly!
Old 12-14-2014, 09:43 PM

All the squares are sewn into strips. I'll be pressing seams open and sewing the strips together tomorrow. Hopefully I have enough thread left to finish. If not, I'm only a five minute walk from a fabric store. Then snip, snip, snip!