Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 >

Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Old 12-16-2014, 01:04 PM

I have notice all the negativity on Facebook also. I don't seem to remember it being like that last year. It really stinks how some people seem to be on there just to find someone else to fuss at. I also saw some not so nice posts from people who wanted to slam someone else's hard work. I feel much safer showing you guys my pics and asking for help here than there. So sad to have so many negative people in the world. Life it just too short to not think positively about things.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:26 PM

I don't understand why the people over there on FB have to be so nasty to others. It has caused several ladies to drop off. I won't be able to start the quilt til after the new year, but when I do I won't be saying anything or posting pics over there. I am quite new to this and just joined that quilting site. If the ones being nasty think they are so much better, than they should go someplace else. LOL Okay, I said my piece.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:34 PM

I think we have the moderaters to thank for the great atmosphere on this Board. There are probably as many great people over there, its just that the troublemakers are not weeded out like they are here. I'm with you Girl, I feel so much more secure here.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:47 PM

I'm not on Facebook. Are they criticizing Bonnie or the ones who have posted pics of their work? I don't always agree with the choices others make for their quilts but would never criticize. They might feel the same about my choices. There's always something positive in each post and I enjoy them all. And giving negativity to Bonnie is totally unacceptable, especially if you're taking advantage all the work she's done and provided to us at no cost.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:14 PM

quiltsRfun, it seems to me what's happening over there -- it being a dedicated Bonnie Hunter page -- is that people have taken it upon themselves to 'police' others, and are jumping on anything they feel might be taken as a slight to Bonnie, such as, people trying other methods than hers for a clue, people expressing discouragement or irritation over their own mistakes (as though that reflects poorly on Bonnie and her instructions), etc. It makes me very thankful for the kind, extremely sensible people on this board!
Old 12-16-2014, 02:48 PM

Thanks for the update joe'smom. Glad we don't see any of that here.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:33 PM

I totally agree about the Facebook page. I gave up on going over there just to read. It can be disheartening.
This is my first MQ and my first BH quilt so I do need help sometimes. Thank goodness for this wonderful, helpful, kind board.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:43 PM

Wow, had no idea BH Quilt Facebook was so trashy, glad I am not subject to it or object of it! My motto - Turn your face to the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.

Just to keep y'all posted here in a friendly place, I have all of Clue 1 PP and trimmed, ready to cut and press and assemble. I have about 20% of Clue 2 (oh Doghouse Mom you were so right about slooooowwww) PP'ed, not even trimmed yet. I just started Clue 3 and I have it cut into strips and one set assembled.
I am not posting pictures because my points and corners all match up and I used BH colors, except my neutrals, heh-heh, that's my secret!

If I ever catch up and finish this thing I will post a picture - assuming those neutrals don't look really awful
Old 12-16-2014, 04:53 PM

I've also seen some of the negativity on the FB page. I have not "joined" the page, but I view it on occasion - mostly to see the pictures of the MQ in progress.

I won't be "joining" the page either. I don't want to see a constant stream of negative yuck show up automatically on my page, but more important I'm not tempted to tell them all to just SHUT UP AND SEW!!

I used to be very involved in my dog breed club. I left it entirely when I finally got fed up with telling people "you need a hobby because you take this one WAY too seriously". I just don't understand why some people want to suck the joy out a hobby.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
I just don't understand why some people want to suck the joy out a hobby.
Totally agree!