Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - April - 3 month group >

Boom 14 - April - 3 month group

Boom 14 - April - 3 month group

Old 01-05-2015, 04:06 PM

I got my fabrics today but will wait on starting this groups blocks so I can get the March group done first.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:44 PM

My f8's arrived in Possum Trot all nice and snugly today.

Now I just have to figure out what block I want to use and I'll be set

Happy sewing y'all
Old 01-05-2015, 04:54 PM

Okay I couldn't help myself I sewed your block cuppy. I thought I was going to start w/ the WOW blocks b/c they are no brainers for choosing a fabric (I have 1 WOW fabric, lol) But I read your "modern" request and that you like yellow, I had been designing a curved pieced block that I have been dying to try and it looks modern to me. I saw the back of your fabric and thought it was actually prettier then the front, and my yellow fabric looked good front and back, so incorporated both sides of each fabric in the block. My yellow is acutally a tone on tone floral might not show up in the pics but in real life you can see. Anyway w/o further ado, here is your block from me cuppy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0500.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	504867  
Old 01-05-2015, 10:04 PM

Just a note to all the April Boomers. After getting everyone's yummy F8s today I realized I might not have given specific enough instructions for my fabric. Please use solids or tone on tones only as my fabric is fairly bright and busy all by itself. As my insert stated please stick to colors in the print or black fabrics only. Thanks in advance ladies!! Now I just have to figure out what block/blocks I want to use and whose lovely fabric to start with. Time to search my shelves and pull out my fabric tote, this should be fun!!
Old 01-05-2015, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by craftyone27 View Post
Just a note to all the April Boomers. After getting everyone's yummy F8s today I realized I might not have given specific enough instructions for my fabric. Please use solids or tone on tones only as my fabric is fairly bright and busy all by itself. As my insert stated please stick to colors in the print or black fabrics only. Thanks in advance ladies!! Now I just have to figure out what block/blocks I want to use and whose lovely fabric to start with. Time to search my shelves and pull out my fabric tote, this should be fun!!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fabric!
Old 01-06-2015, 05:49 AM

I haven't received the fabric yet, maybe it will come today
Old 01-06-2015, 06:17 AM

Got mine yesterday but haven't had time to open and drool yet!
Old 01-06-2015, 06:31 AM

I received my fabric yesterday, it is all beautiful ladies! I also received two of my fabric I sent in. I expected to get one back but not two. Is this right or did I send too many?
Kass, good work as always. I'm looking forward to seeing all your blocks!
I have one set of blocks to do for another swap then I'll start these. I am sooo excited!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:03 AM

Hi, Sunrise. You did send one extra and then we had one person fail to participate so that's your second return.

Remember ladies, if we have 20 people in a group, you only need to send 19, and you keep the 20th. If you send the extra one, I'll just return it so no problem either way.
Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
I received my fabric yesterday, it is all beautiful ladies! I also received two of my fabric I sent in. I expected to get one back but not two. Is this right or did I send too many?
Kass, good work as always. I'm looking forward to seeing all your blocks!
I have one set of blocks to do for another swap then I'll start these. I am sooo excited!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:08 AM

Kassaundra, the brown thing is a book. It took me a moment to figure it out but her bent arms were the tip-off. She's relaxing in a hammock, reading a book. How lovely! And I love your fix...now it looks like shrubbery behind her. So pretty! Lovely work. And I love the block you made for Cuppy.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Well I fixed the sky, not to happy w/ the brown thing, it was in the pattern and I thought it was odd, but was trusting the pattern, if I make this again I will definitely rework that section to bush and sky. But I am much happier w/ the block now w/ the new sky.