Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone noticed connecting threads >

Has anyone noticed connecting threads

Has anyone noticed connecting threads

Old 01-06-2015, 01:10 PM

I agree with you.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

I noticed it too and feel their current fabric prices and quality are not competitive enough for me to order from them.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pollytink View Post
Yes, I've noticed it and am really concerned. Looked at the online catalog and the new one I got in the mail yesterday and wanted to contact them to ask about it but haven't found a way yet. And the thing is, I don't like the new expensive fabrics very much. I like their original collections better. their site is one of my favorites to find inexpensive fabrics I like, and the good sales they have. Haven't been watching the thread but that's disturbing too. I need to find the customer service phone number and email contact at least. Maybe it would help if many of us contacted them with our input?
I agree totally, I'm really worried that they are changing and not for the better!!!! If I wanted RJR or other designer fabrics, I would go to their websites or suppliers and buy them. I go to CT to buy CT fabrics........Hello........
Old 01-06-2015, 02:25 PM

I have noticed and am not happy about it. It seems some of their basics and blenders are the same price but most of the new lines are expensive. I noticed Riley Blake, Alex Anderson and RJR in the new catalogs. I'm afraid they will soon be priced like most lqs.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by mawluv View Post
I agree totally, I'm really worried that they are changing and not for the better!!!! If I wanted RJR or other designer fabrics, I would go to their websites or suppliers and buy them. I go to CT to buy CT fabrics........Hello........
Exactly! I couldn't have put it better!
Old 01-06-2015, 03:04 PM

There is a "contact us" you can click on, on their web site. You could express your concerns there, and ask any questions you might have. I just contacted them myself.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

It was explained on their blog and Facebook page. Also in the emails from them about the change. From what I can remember it was filling requests from customers to carry other lines. It seems the change has been very positive and I'm sure more profitable and more lines will be added to their catalog.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:09 AM

I noticed the same thing as the rest of you quilters. Because of this, I have resorted to ordering from 2 other sites that have been great!! I still look at CT as a first thought, but usually don't buy from them.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:20 AM

I love Connecting Threads and order from them a lot. I noticed the new higher priced fabrics but I usually order from their basics, Mirage line, and solids for backing and binding. I love their thread, but hadn't noticed any problem with the color selection. I also order my Hobbs Heirloon batting from them.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:12 AM

They announced last year that they were adding new fabric designers to their line. That's when the inceases began. So now I go to other online sources that have sales before ordering from CT. The bottom line was their fabric was affordable over other companies. Now they've brought outsiders in that they have to pay differently than if it were just family.