Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone noticed connecting threads >

Has anyone noticed connecting threads

Has anyone noticed connecting threads

Old 01-07-2015, 08:43 AM

And I thought it was just me...LOL! I do not like their higher priced fabrics either. For me, I always felt comfortable with the fact that they offered some decent choices a little less expensive....not so sure anymore. I find I do not like the kits like I used to. I'll keep watching before I cross them off my list. I have decided I am not crazy about their threads as they do "lint" a lot. However, I do have several in different colors for when I just need something off from my normal neutrals.....
Old 01-07-2015, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by fruitloop View Post
This thinking doesn't make sense to me. They are still selling their own fabric at the same prices. Why care if they sell other lines?
But their own fabrics aren't so varied and there aren't so many of them! The kits are boring! I have no objection to them selling other fabrics but not if their own range suffers!
Old 01-07-2015, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by fuschiagirl View Post
But their own fabrics aren't so varied and there aren't so many of them! The kits are boring! I have no objection to them selling other fabrics but not if their own range suffers!
Well said........
Old 01-07-2015, 09:25 AM

I used to exclusively buy from them since their fabrics supposedly are usa made. But also because of the value. The new lines are much more expensive.
They used to have a good selection of children's prints. Not any now. I primarily sew donation quilts for the children's hospital. So I used to buy a LOT of their fabric because for the price the fabric was very good. Way better than the same priced fabric at JA's or WM.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

Like any business the products that generate the most profit will determine what they sell in the future. So far the other fabric lines have been a big hit with customers so I doubt it will go back to CT exclusive like before. I was looking through a CT catalog from years ago. Wow. Their colors were muted and dull looking and very little to choose from. I think many forget what Use to be wasn't all that great.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:56 AM

I did notice (and there was an email prior to the addition explaining). I will still only buy their CT fabrics. They are my "go to" online fabric store.

I suppose if I were to fall in love with a "designer" fabric there I would consider buying it from connecting threads.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
There is a "contact us" you can click on, on their web site. You could express your concerns there, and ask any questions you might have. I just contacted them myself.
i haven't rec'd my new catalogue yet, one of our many christmas joys was having our locked mail box stolen ). but reading all your posts here & remembering over the years of other times they changed thier product lines, not always for the better, how disappointed i was at times. i have been ordering from their catalog, & now their website too, for nealy 30years. i haven't read about any buy outs, but they have been changing little by little over recent catalogs. thinking maybe we should send them link to this thread & any we find on other forums with the same complaints.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by roguequilter View Post
i haven't rec'd my new catalogue yet, one of our many christmas joys was having our locked mail box stolen ). but reading all your posts here & remembering over the years of other times they changed thier product lines, not always for the better, how disappointed i was at times. i have been ordering from their catalog, & now their website too, for nealy 30years. i haven't read about any buy outs, but they have been changing little by little over recent catalogs. thinking maybe we should send them link to this thread & any we find on other forums with the same complaints.
When I contacted them I told them about this forum and suggested they check it out.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:57 PM

I like their fabrics but if I want to spend $10.00 a yard I'll go to Joanns and use a 40% off coupon to make the purchase.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
CT is selling other manufacturers fabrics at the higher price, not their fabrics. Many customers like to buy different types of fabric in one order not spread out over several shops. If it is profitable for CT and the majority of the customers like the new change, then there is no reason to go back to the way it was.
The real problem is that CT has drastically cut down on their own design lines. I used to order from them almost every or every other catalog. Haven't ordered fabric from them in at least six months.