Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone noticed connecting threads >

Has anyone noticed connecting threads

Has anyone noticed connecting threads

Old 01-08-2015, 05:19 AM
Power Poster

Last time I ordered from them, they sent twice as much backing fabric that I ordered. One piece had a perfect 5" square cut out of it. I was able to get around it but, I will not order from them again. Some quality of thread isn't as good as it use to be. I only buy now from Hobby Lobby or Wal Mart mainly. I know what I am getting.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:16 AM

Yes I have noticed the thread and the fabric! I was dissapointed in the catalog I got in the mail the other day. Guess I will shop somewhere else....!
Old 01-08-2015, 06:36 AM

Thank you Jeanie & Joey for your input on the white. Next time I place an order I think I will get a couple of yards to just test it. Didn't realize that the Bella could be had so cheap, thanks for the tip Jeanie.
I enjoy purchasing CT fabric because their fabrics seem to be such great blenders and their colors are never muddy. Just as at other sites, I can't foresee spending close to $10 a yard when there are so many great fabrics out there for half the price.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:22 PM

I just got my new catalog yesterday. I wouldn't mind buying the fabric at the price they are selling for if I liked them,however I did not see a one that I liked. I do like some of their own fabrics and will keep ordering those.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:54 PM

You never know about the selling of sites and businesses these days. I was shocked to find out that Amazing Designs bought Sewing With Nancy/Nancy's Notions....they use her name..but it is Amazing Designs....which accounts for a lot of embroidery stuff you see on her sites for the last several years.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:20 PM
ro
Banned

i guess ya all dont remember when joann's was selling reasonable quality fabric at reasonable prices. they were taken over by another company, prices went up from 8 to 10 and 12 a yard. the quality went down and we all run there with our coupons to buy the fabric. i'd rather deal in the small mom and pop shop and get a better quality fabric for the money.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:33 PM

I just received the catalog from CT's It has a pretty chevron table runner on the cover. I haven't looked through it yet.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:01 PM

i contacted CT about changes they said they have the same number of new lines of their each year plus the higher price lines to appeal to a wider base.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:48 AM
Power Poster

I have noticed that they are carrying more expensive fabric...I have not heard that Fons and Porter bought them out.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
Last time I ordered from them, they sent twice as much backing fabric that I ordered. One piece had a perfect 5" square cut out of it. I was able to get around it but, I will not order from them again. Some quality of thread isn't as good as it use to be. I only buy now from Hobby Lobby or Wal Mart mainly. I know what I am getting.
Maybe the reason they sent twice as much was because of the piece that had a 5x5 inch cut out of it? I'm not understanding why you are upset... I would be thrilled if my order was doubled, cut or not cut...