Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 01-16-2015, 02:48 AM

Crqltr, what a clever idea. I had not thought of gift tags on burlap. Oh no, something else to try!
Old 01-16-2015, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
So I've been looking at embroidery designs on line and the two sewing machine designs I looked at show the back of the machine with the needle on the right side. Are there machines with needles on the right side? All the machines I have ever used had the needle on the left side.

You should be able to flip the design on your machine or the software you use, if I recall.
sandy
Old 01-19-2015, 04:32 AM

What does "free motion quilting with ruler" mean?

Originally Posted by labug View Post
i just got though making this for my end table. This is the first table runner that I have made with embroidery. Then I did free motion quilting with ruler first time.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Olectra View Post
I am new to sewing, quilting and embroidery and have learned A LOT in the last few months. I have made two quilts (among other things) and hand embroidered the labels for them. I am pretty proud of them... Not too bad for a novice. IMO : )

My husband surprised me with a Brother PE-770 last week and I am really excited to play with it. Oh, I have tested out some of the presets, but I really want to make my own Designs. Does anyone have any suggestions on an embroidery or a digitizing software? I have been trying to do some research online, but it is extremely overwhelming and have only managed to confuse myself. LOL

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: I have spent the last two hours reading this thread hoping to find the information, but it is 289 pages long... 289!! I only scratched the surface. 
Christmas kept me extremely busy and after all of the festivities was was finally able to experiment with a couple of different digitizing program demos. I really liked the Embird, but discoverd it may be too advanced for me for right now. I am not only new to digitizing, but new to embroidery, quilting and sewing altogether (I never used a sewing machine before August 2014, LOL). I settled on Embrilliance Stitch Artist for its user interface and ease of use. Plus I found some educational YouTube videos that were very helpful and easy to follow. Overall, the Embrillance was a lot easier for me to use in the demo. I have already made a couple of simple designs using shapes, true type fonts and digitized some simple clip art type images swiped from the Internet for practice. Tonight I will work on my quilt label template. I know I have only scratched the surface and am looking forward to the fun and crafty road ahead. I have started a list of projects that I want to tackle so I will be busy all year and the next and the next and the next. 😊
Old 01-19-2015, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
What does "free motion quilting with ruler" mean?
Check out this video... http://youtu.be/Q2KqkrzjnZA
Old 01-19-2015, 09:33 AM

I bought my 1st embroidery machine back in 2000. Got the Viking 1+ but within a couple of days I knew I'd want more so went back and traded it in for the Designer 1 which I still have but use for piecing these days. Back when I used it for everything I bought most all the feet and the extra Megahoop. I love it for piecing as I can adjust the needle where I need it for the scant 1/4", etc. Later I picked up the Babylock Ellegeo but later traded it for the Ellegante which I still use when embroidery. Didn't go all the way with getting the extra feet as I wanted it basically for embroidery. Haven't done much embroidery these days except for quilt labels but have on my "Bucket List" a window design from BFC, even got their thread kit for the project. Now to just hunker down and do it.

I have made a couple embroidered quilts in the past and one table cloth........... embroidered with metallic threads around the flowers on black....designs by Tree Trunk. This was with the Designer 1 years ago.

I did pick up some tape from Nancy's Notion to attach to the hoops to help keep the fabric from slipping. Works like a charm. You put it where to the sections of the hoop meet. Comes on a roll so you can do all your hoops with it. Helps on those large hoops or when you're using thin fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TreeTrunk Designs.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	625.9 KB
ID:	506788  
Old 01-19-2015, 09:50 AM

WOW!! Absolutely beautiful ❤️
Old 01-19-2015, 10:02 AM

Good for you for tackling your new machine and software with such gusto Olectra. I have had my machine and software for a few years now and am always learning and finding more ideas to try.
Thanks for the ruler work link as well. I have just started working with rulers and really enjoy her videos.
Wow snooze, that is gorgeous work.!
Old 01-19-2015, 12:33 PM

Suz, I love your quilt. It is beautiful.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:10 PM

i just purchased the Brother PE500, i wanted it to make quilt labels mainly. Do I have to purchase special software to do this? I have the machine unboxed, bobbin in and threaded, now I am ready to make a label and I honestly dont know how. The book is not real user friendly. Any advice out there for a newbie to the world of embroidery.