Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need your opinion on backing >

need your opinion on backing

need your opinion on backing

Old 01-16-2015, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by mtkoldra View Post
it is 'Over & Under" block from Kim Brackett book Scrap Basket Sensations. I used bali pops. Enjoy and thanks for your comment
Oh, I have that book!! Yippee! I love your quilt and now have to decide if I have enough nerve to attempt that.

Dina
Old 01-17-2015, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
I love the flannel backing as well. Make sure you wash it and dry it twice if you use it. As ckcowl said, make sure to use good quality flannel. You'll be pleased with the results!
I've used flannel backing on 5 or 6 of my quilts and I love it but as both members said, wash, wash in hot water because it does shrink!
Old 01-17-2015, 06:00 AM

thank you for your suggestions and advice... really appreciated all your comments,etc.

Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
I have made this pattern too - it was very fun and easy - as for the backing - if you watch online you can get great deals on backing fabrics. Fat Quarter Shop has a daily deal that last for 24 hrs - usually the yardage is around $ 4.30 yrd or so or check fabricshopperonline.com - they list fabric deals usually on Saturdays from all over the internet - also I have found many great deals on etsy - just start searching for quilting fabric or specific colors - you will be surprised. I love your quilt, by the way, one of my favorite colors.

One more thing, try Craftsy, they often have great deals on fabric yardage and I have seen many Batiks on the site too - check back often with them.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:33 AM

Glad you asked this question as I am working on a batik quilt, pattern is Testellating Stars and I have many very bright colors and have been wondering what to use for the backing. I think the mottled sounds good so will check that out after I finally get the squares finished, won't be long.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:41 AM

dont go for just anything. if you go to sewbatik.com you can find some really nice backings for it in similar colors. I would suggest doing that. Many times we just want to finish fast and don't take the time on getting a backing that goes with the front. just to get it done. but that is just me. I am a little ocd when it comes to my quilts. i have one that i have been working on for about 3 years now. it took me a long time to pick out the backing fabric and Im still now totally happy with it yet.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:50 AM

I love your quilt. It is gorgeous. Can you tell us where you got your pattern, and what it is called.