January Mini Quilt Swap

Old 01-17-2015, 11:55 AM

That is a beautiful quilt, Teresa. I love the colors. Cheesehead and I both got our minis in the mail. So now its just the waiting. I am happy we picked a theme ahead. I like having a long time to enjoy the quilts.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:58 AM

JuneBillie,
Lovely stitiching!

best,
deb in Maine
Old 01-17-2015, 12:04 PM

tlambing,
I love your NYB! Those vibrant blues play nicely with the greens, purple and yellow/golds.

PP- it is addicting once you get the hang of it.

best,
deb in Maine
Old 01-17-2015, 12:06 PM

MizMelly,
Love your pp heart block for Kiffie2413. The backing and your siggy block are so sweet.

Best,
deb in Maine
Old 01-17-2015, 04:23 PM

Soooooo LetsQuilt was daring and offered to swap a mini with me. I got a super late start but finished the top today. It needs some "extras" but I need to go buy some embroidery floss. Can't find mine!!! Then I'll quilt and bind and mail it!! Here's a peek.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	506603  
Old 01-17-2015, 05:22 PM
Power Poster

SheriR that is a cute adorable sneak peek.

My mini for my special partner Laquita should go out in the mail Tuesday. Monday is a holiday for anyone that might have forgot. I wasn't ready to send it out today. I like how it is turning out.

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!
Hugs to all!!!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:02 PM

Cool sneak peek, SheriR!

Thanks for all the nice compliments on my paper pieced mini that went to Kiffie. I've been paper piecing for years, it's addicting and I really enjoy the process!
Old 01-17-2015, 10:54 PM

Have been gone for 5 days for are 45th Anniversary. There has been a lot of nice looking mini made. Keep them coming.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:05 PM

I spent my day today making 4 more of the snowmen minis I made last month. I really wanted one for myself, and my MIL asked me to make 3 for her! I think she's plans on 2 for gifts next year. It's been fun sewing in a small production line way
I think that if I can get them done tomorrow, I might even mock up an idea for next months mini swap here's a hint, it'll be Green!
Old 01-18-2015, 03:03 AM

Quiltjoey,
Sending healing thoughts your way.

SheriR,
Darling fabric in that sneak peek..

Teresa,
Next month that quilt needs to be considered a "mini", you need to be my partner, and the theme needs to be paper pieced New York Beauty quilts. As Brat says, "I say it, so it is so, Tada!".
Right? Tada..Um, right???

I honestly didn't think there was another gal as toony as I am (said with utmost respect to you)
As the first paper pieced quilt I made was the Christmas Pickle quilt. I posted a pic on here of it.
I didn't even really like that quilt pattern. But one of my friends tried to sign up for a class on it at one of our lqs. She's a teacher, and was going to have to miss the 1st class as she had to go out of town to chaperone a school trip. She was ready to pay in advance for everything, and had taken classes there before. But the lqs told her, "Can't miss class, so can't sign up. Sorry.".
She was also told that quilt is pretty much impossible to make without taking a class, just fyi..

Um, really? I'm sorry, but how rude. I'm the 1st to say I'm no quilt maker extraordinaire...far from it. I've only been quilting the last 5 yrs or so, mostly by hand until a couple of years ago. And I'm mostly self taught. But I would never presume to tell anyone what they can or cannot do.

So, I found a book with the Christmas Pickle pattern in it, and my friend and I each made one.
I have to say I wanted to throttle her a couple of times for involving me in it all...lol..

And I ate crow (I'm getting a taste for crow, I eat it enough) as I really like the way my top turned out.
Yep, top..as I need to quilt it ..
Kif