Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - April - 3 month group >

Boom 14 - April - 3 month group

Boom 14 - April - 3 month group

Old 01-19-2015, 03:28 PM

I love my blocks that I've seen. Thank you ladies. I have two done, but my camera completely died. Before, only the flash did not work and I could work around that. Now, I have to go get a new one and not sure what to get. Plus, where we are staying only allows 1/2 hour of free internet a day, on the other side of the complex from where we are staying, so I really don't even have time to do much research. Grrr--a beautiful, 3 bedroom condo and yet, free wi fi is not included. Looks a trip to the library for me!
Old 01-19-2015, 05:13 PM

I have another finished this one is for LJDugas. Been playing around some w/ curved piecing, I have one more planned if I do the block I'm thinking about. I really wanted to make the background black and the star white, but there was only enough black fabric for 7 pieces and I needed 8, I hope you like it when I saw this curved star I knew I had to try it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0512.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	506858  
Old 01-19-2015, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I have another finished this one is for LJDugas. Been playing around some w/ curved piecing, I have one more planned if I do the block I'm thinking about. I really wanted to make the background black and the star white, but there was only enough black fabric for 7 pieces and I needed 8, I hope you like it when I saw this curved star I knew I had to try it.
Thanks. Love my block
Old 01-19-2015, 06:49 PM

Everyone is making wonderful blocks. Seasaw I really like what you made for me. It is so bright and fun.

I am working my way through the requests for WOW. Sorry cannot take pictures until camera is fixed or buy a new one.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:39 PM

One block is totally done and I have three others partially done - hopefully I will have them done by the end of the week. Have been working on the blocks but had to take a break for the past few days. I am the head of the booster club for my son's high school football team and we had our end of season banquet Sunday. I was very relieved to have it done and it was a great success! Then I obligated myself to do a bake sale to benefit the boosters. We are selling baked goods during the break between exams Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week. So I just finished a 10 hour baking marathon - time for a shower and bed. I have to be at the school by 8:30am and I am not a morning person. Please send good thoughts my way that I survive this week in one piece!
Old 01-20-2015, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
Thanks. Love my block
Your welcome
Old 01-20-2015, 10:25 AM

Okay 2 blocks I made were bothering the beegeeses out of me, so I tweeked them a little. I hope you ladies will like the improvements I made. The first one, I picked the pattern specifically for the 3D look, but felt my choice of using the printed fabric for the outside corners took away from the 3D look, so I switched those corners out w/ the red fabric and love the results

And second is the carebear block. I hated how my balloons didn't look like they were connected to the bears balloons and you lost the idea they were even balloons so I added some hand stitching. I am now happier w/ this block too
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0513.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	506916   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0514.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	506918  
Old 01-20-2015, 10:28 AM

Oh and by the way all my squares are squares, I pin them to the back of a rounded chair for pics.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:55 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
I need more F8's to play with, anyone got any spare? LOL
Sea,

My block is awesome!. How many extra F8s do you want?
Old 01-20-2015, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
So do you have a name for this block???? I really like it. You did good. I will have to add this to my collection of 2 color blocks because I have such a hard time finding patterns that I truly like for them.