Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 01-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Banned

I would recommend that you try youtube to see if there might
be some help for you.

Of course this thread is AWESOME with helping newbies too.

Originally Posted by kkbrand View Post
i just purchased the Brother PE500, i wanted it to make quilt labels mainly. Do I have to purchase special software to do this? I have the machine unboxed, bobbin in and threaded, now I am ready to make a label and I honestly dont know how. The book is not real user friendly. Any advice out there for a newbie to the world of embroidery.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:47 PM

Thanks, I have been on Youtube with not much help. I was hoping some of the ladies on here that have been using their machine for quilt labels could give tips. I wish there was a tutorial out there for it. This is my first ever experience with an Embroidery Machine
Old 01-19-2015, 05:24 PM

I am working on a quilt label with single or double run stitches (haven't decided yet). It will take me a couple of days since I only have about an hour or two at night to work on it. I will let you how it turns out.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:59 PM
Banned

I found a couple videos on youtube that might help you.

youtube video for PE500

If you want a "frame" around the quilt label you have some built in
to the machine you have.

As long as you have the USB cable for your machine you shouldn't
need any other software to import designs to your machine to use.
You just need to make sure that the designs you get are the correct
format (I think your machine uses PES also).

I don't have the same machine as you, but I DO have 2 brother machines
and both do embroidery just on a larger hoop size (5x7 for 1 and 6x10 the other).

Thanks, I have been on Youtube with not much help. I was hoping some of the ladies on here that have been using their machine for quilt labels could give tips. I wish there was a tutorial out there for it. This is my first ever experience with an Embroidery Machine
Old 01-20-2015, 04:40 AM

I don't know about Brother's web site but when I go to Viking they'll give me a list of the closest shop for help. For Brother here we have sew n vac's that sell and have classes. Try looking around for someone who gives classes and can answer questions.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:42 AM

http://web.archive.org/web/200401092..._templates.htm Some beautiful templates..free...embroider the frames and then write (emb) your names etc inside. There is a cheap software program (under $15) that will let you merge your names into the template and emb all as one design. It will only work for PES in 4x4 or 5x7 hoops. Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH-dE8t-Hf4

Old 01-20-2015, 08:22 AM

The toes are fantastic !!!! Congrat for finding the collection.....!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2015, 08:34 AM

Hi girls....it has been a while now since I started to have fun on my janome 350e embroidery machine.....now I am more than eager to start trying making applique....any suggestions for some videos that are worth to watch, or any tips.......????? His to start ????
Thanks
Old 01-20-2015, 05:44 PM

Quilty-Louise glad to see you on here I've been wondering about you! I see you're going to have the 1st grandson, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm more than sure you are making many embroidery items for the baby!
Old 01-21-2015, 08:59 AM

I use the Embird program to make my quilt labels. I also have the Font add-on now too. I make my labels in a triangle shape so I can stitch it on when I go to put the binding on. That leaves only one side I have to hand sew down afterwards. I made a triangle shape to fit the size label and the hoop I use mostly, then add the words inside the triangle shape so I know I won't make it too large. I have a basic label I use mostly so all I need to add is the date and the person's name to it. I made a couple basic quilt labels......one for baby quilts, one for weddings, one for those at my congregation. Out on the web you can find free labels to download with various borders around the permeter so you just need to add the lettering. I've been collecting designs since 2000 so have quite a few under my belt.