Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31 >

January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31

January Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 31

Old 01-19-2015, 09:38 PM
Power Poster

Susan, I know you were worried about your visit with your dad. so glad it went o.k. for him today.
Love to see what others are doing with their hexes. mine is going very slowly.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:46 PM
Power Poster

Thank you lynnie. You have a good head start on your hexies.
My dad was much better than I was led to believe. Me and Gene have to just go see for ourselves now.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:51 AM

Pat & Dwina -- love your hexies! I didn't get that far putting mine together! LOL

That baby quilt is lovely! And the angel is adorable, too.

Seems like I missed a lot that's been going on here (& only one day has passed)!

Everyone, have a wonderful Tuesday!
Old 01-20-2015, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

Sis, I love the quilt. Susan glad your dad is doing so well now. All these hexies are so pretty. For some reason I just don't enjoy making them,I do better making yo-yo's.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:32 AM

Everybody listen up! So far there are 6 people who I have not heard from about mailing their packages. Please do so as soon as you can. I've never had to say this before but if someone doesn't follow through on their obligation, then they will be banned from this swap. They have to have a darn good excuse. I haven't had this happen but it has happened in other swaps too many times. I don't mean to sound cruel but it isn't right to have your swap partner receive nothing. There is always an angel in the wings to fill in when necessary but it shouldn't have to be that way.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

My partner should hAVE RECIEVED HER SWAP SATURDAY. according TO THE POST OFFICE. I HAVEN'T RECIEVED ONE EITHER.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:29 AM
Banned

OOPS
Sorry I forgot to send you a PM that my package is shipping
today. I DID set it up for you to be notified by email from the
USPS regarding this package.

Let me know if you need me to send you a pm with the tracking
info besides the email.

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
Everybody listen up! So far there are 6 people who I have not heard from about mailing their packages. Please do so as soon as you can. I've never had to say this before but if someone doesn't follow through on their obligation, then they will be banned from this swap. They have to have a darn good excuse. I haven't had this happen but it has happened in other swaps too many times. I don't mean to sound cruel but it isn't right to have your swap partner receive nothing. There is always an angel in the wings to fill in when necessary but it shouldn't have to be that way.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:44 AM

Congrats to Rosemary on being the soon to be great grandma again. Glad to hear the your father is ok Susan and Dwina great news about your FIL. Your hexie is really nice and how are you going to finish it. Rosemary what a nice baby quilt and your hand quilting is really nice. Mary what a thoughtful idea for your get well package for Sis. Aren't the angels easy to make. That's a lot of people to have not sent their swaps in. Karen I love your avatar. Is it a mug rug? Very nice.
It was snowing here today but I had to go out anyway to let the dogs out and then get groceries and by the time I got home it had stopped. I'm glad it didn't stop while I was out or I would have been on the ride longer than I was. More snow for tomorrow so I might be staying home (except for the dogs and Isabella). Ct it's been busy on here and I have to either take notes or keep back reading. I found 2 more of my unfinished hexies. The white one will never be finished as I don't like it. I was one hexie off.
Everyone have a great day
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	010.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	665.4 KB
ID:	506922   Click image for larger version

Name:	011.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	391.8 KB
ID:	506923  
Old 01-20-2015, 12:13 PM

My avatar is the mini quilt I made for the January mini swap and sent to Elisabrat.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:19 PM

I love all of the hexies but I am so intimidated to try making them! They are beautiful. I found an old quilt top (30's fabric) that had never been layered and quilted, at a local thrift store. I made it into curtains for my daughter's room. I batted them and added backing though I didn't do any elaborate quilting. So they are sort of insulated and won't fade in the bright New Mexican sun/heat. They are getting old now and my daughter is now a teenager. She loves all things celtic, so I am seeing some new curtains in her future.

I may have to take the old curtains and re-purpose them. I love seeing all of the photos from you hexie making ladies!