January Mini Quilt Swap

Old 01-19-2015, 06:29 PM

oh make it harder whigrose.. go to pinterest.com and type in mini wall hanging quilt and bang.. you will be stuck there for days on end. ask me how I know?

I have mine quilted now tada! even sewed the binding on the front. now to hand stitch it on the back tomorrow and I need to add that hanging item if you want to hang your klaws if not and you use pins to stick it to your wall lol like I do.. then it will be done! goodies I got goodies. oh wait those are from you! I guess I cant send back the headless chocolate bear you sent me.. nope. nor the half eaten sweet hearts. I love those things a lot. so you must be getting that treat that I have for you that is hidden so the man will not accidentally munch on it. he is known to do that with any treats that come into the house. accidentally of course

Teresa, how about a St. Patricks day theme with a twist? I just was mentioning on the mug rug swap about the lucky pigs you see on tons of post cards. I got curious one day and had to find out the he.. heck was so lucky about a pig. turns out if you had a pig you were RICH. in a time of famine well it was like gold in your pocket. your family could eat. so.. lots of little curious things like that about the holidays. I am thinking lots of little things to pick from. why not go RANDOM on your choice. something obscure but cool. like baby animals. or rain or .. the concept is endless! cant wait to see what you chose! I am sure it will be fun however.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:16 PM

Whigrose,
I've completed 3 minis, and have 2 more almost completed. Because I couldn't make up my mind!
So know you're not alone... And I've been known to procrastinate....

Tlambing,
Nice thread holder and love all the colors of threads...

Brat,
I'm always up for anything piggy...

Kif
Old 01-19-2015, 09:57 PM
Power Poster

I have been watching all these shows lately showing all these cute piggies. Real pigs. lol.. If I do one this next month will someone make me a piggy? lol.....Ok, I am being silly, but someone late into the night has to be silly. If not me then who? I do love piggies though. lol.... I would love one in the freezer right now too. I am a bacon, sausage, ham, and pork chop lover. What can I say? I wouldn't put him or her in there though if they were a pet.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:37 AM

Brat asked me to post pictures of what I sent her. Unfortunately I only took pictures of the mini and the pincushion and needlecase. I didn't take a picture of the needlecase open. I didn't take a picture of all the other goodies I sent her either. She will have to post that if she wants to. I always try to take a picture of something right after I make it. That way if I forget before mailing then at least I have a picture of something. My pictures never turn out good because the lighting is terrible.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506891[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]506892[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan. Mini Quilt - Linda McDermott (Brat).jpg
Views:	96
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	506891   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jan. Extras.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	506892  
Old 01-20-2015, 05:47 AM

oh that is a great picture Klaws! that little item on the left side is the sewing needle holder perfect for traveling. its going to be well loved. the pin cushion has that super cool pin that goes perfectly with it and has a cute little key on the side of the top button. its grand. and I love them tremendously. isn't her wall hanging adorable? it will grace the walls of the kitchen I think as its too cute for the cold sewing room. (no heat in there). I sew on the kitchen table and this is a pretty addition to the other quilt that is hanging out there.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:48 AM

the other two items in the package were a box of sweet hearts and a valentine white chocolate bear holding a red heart. I think that bear is missing a part or two right now.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:16 AM

I also sent some valentine fabric and some little things to put on bobbins.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:34 AM

What a beautiful mini! But those pins are gorgeous...the beads on them are so pretty!

Jan
Old 01-20-2015, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
What a beautiful mini! But those pins are gorgeous...the beads on them are so pretty!

Jan

You took the words out of my mouth (impossible, I know!)

Klaws,
My pics don't turn out great, either. They were much better when I took them with my camera, then uploaded on my laptop.
But its so much easier to use my Kindle...

JuneBillie,
If I'm your pardner (said in my Ellie Mae drawl) I'd happily make you a pig mug rug! And I'd love to get one in return from whoever I get as my partner.
Actually, I just love this swap, so I'll happily accept whatever my partner makes and sends.

I finely decided which of the 5 minis I started (finished 3) to send my partner. I also have my extras finished. Packing it all up today, and mailing out tomorrow. Yippee!!
Trying to beat snowstorm due in tomorrow evening. Praying the predicted 4-6" doesn't happen..as we live in the country, snow drifts, and no plows..usually we just hunker down, and enjoy the beauty.
However, my hubby's 2nd leg surgery is Friday, and it's quite a ways to the hospital.. I have 4 wheel drive on my suv, but that doesn't help on ice..

Regards,
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-20-2015 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:10 AM

Lucky brat. Darling mini. And such a wonderful pin cushion and pins with matching needle case. Drive safe kiffie, I hate driving on icy roads. Living in Southern California we don't get much practice.