Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which machine do you use? >

Which machine do you use?

Which machine do you use?

Old 02-01-2015, 05:05 AM

I have a Janome 6600, great machine for quilting...has separate motor for winding bobbins. I also have the new Janome 8900, it to is great for quilting and free motion, plus it has 9mm wide sewing which is great for decorative stitches. I also have a Janome 11000SE for embroidery, Babylock felting machine, Bablock Evolve Wave serger and since Christmas a Babylock Ovation serger. I use most all of them when quilting....except for the felting machine, I use that when doing quilted purses for embellishing. Sometimes I use the sergers for trimming the edge of my quilt before binding. Us girls need our machines and tools!
Old 02-01-2015, 05:05 AM

I have a Pfaff Creative Sensation, a Pfaff Passport and a Pfaff serger. I sew on the Creative Sensation 90% of the time. I take my Passport to sewing classes/groups, and in my 5th wheel when we are travelling. I also use the Passport at home when I am embroidering on my Creative Sensation. I can't sew without IDT, I love the Pfaff straight stitch, Pfaff embroidery, and the performance of my Pfaff machines keep me from buying any other brand.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:32 AM

I love, love, love my Bernina 440 QE. In fact, I love it so much DH bought me a second one just to have as a backup. I also love my FW to travel with. Both FW and Bernina make a beautiful stitch.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:37 AM

I have a Pfaff Performance 5.0 that I just love! It replaced my Pfaff that lasted 20 years and was still going strong, but I wanted something with a large throat space. Love the Pfaff IDT!
Old 02-01-2015, 06:01 AM

I have two Babylocks - A Symphony, which I absolutely love. Like you felt I had died and gone to heaven. I just purchased a Sofia 2 which is a great little machine that also does a little embroidery. I purchased this one to have a smaller machine to carry around when I quilt with friends. Love Babylock!!
Old 02-01-2015, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by RugosaB View Post
I ended up with a Viking 630. It had stitches I never used, or use, and I love it. It enables my abilities to shine. I still have that machine and use it, but then I had a TBI (brain injury)in a car accident in 2008. One of the lasting deficiencies it left me with is the inability to learn how new things work, but for some reason it left me with all my sewing abilities I had.
So sorry about your accident, but so happy that you can still sew. You will have that into old age.

I have acquired eight vintage/antique machines in just the last 4 months. I only paid for two of them. I like to sew on the "newest" one as soon as I get it. One does not work; it's my play toy. I have to try to see if I can get it to work. If it doesn't, it will be a toy tractor.

One had such strange threading of the needle thread, I couldn't figure it out. Then I got an Eldredge Two Spool, and viola, it had the same threading. My young sewing machine guy, the one who found that machine in his shed, showed my how to thread it, so now I have two more I can use.
I enjoy the Two Spool and the Columbus treadle. Haven't use my Bernina much in the last 4 months.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:24 AM

Up until last year my go-to machine was my Singer 9940, my first computerized machine. Did EVERYTHING on it. Then a year ago I was given a Bernina 1260 by a dear friend of mom's. Now it is my go-to machine, however I still like the Singer for the applique buttonhole stitch. I use my Brother Innov-is 900D, a 4" embroidery machine, for garment sewing as the tension is always perfect on lighter weight fabric, like batiste, that I used to make our DGD's Christening dress. I now use my new Tiara II for quilting. Different machines for different tasks : )
Old 02-01-2015, 07:56 AM

I collect vintage sewing machines, so I have...well, I won't say EXACTLY how many, but more than a few...LOL. My favorite machines are my trusty, Singer 403A, which I bought used in 1972 and is still going strong and my 1949 Singer 99K, which sews beautifully, is 3/4 size and can easily pack away when not being used.

~C
Old 02-01-2015, 08:03 AM

I love my Juki 2010Q--wonderful machine! I have a small, inexpensive Brother for buttonholes and fancy stitches.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:24 AM
Power Poster

I love my Featherweight for the straight stitch it makes. I usually use my Janome 9500 for other things such as fancy stitches and embroidery. My LAQ machine is an old Singer model 66

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508395[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Little Gracie left front.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	508395