Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anyone Involved in More Than One Swap..... >

Anyone Involved in More Than One Swap.....

Anyone Involved in More Than One Swap.....

Old 02-03-2015, 07:41 AM

WOW! ljptexas, this is a phenomenal blessing. Thank you for taking the time to post the link! I REALLY appreciate it.

PnP
Old 02-03-2015, 10:28 AM

I need to do something to keep track since I participate in the secret pal, mug rug, Christmas s. santa, pc-n swaps. Last month I managed to get my names mixed up... how did that happen???? Its so much fun to swap goodies. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford View Post
I need to do something to keep track since I participate in the secret pal, mug rug, Christmas s. santa, pc-n swaps. Last month I managed to get my names mixed up... how did that happen???? Its so much fun to swap goodies. Thanks for the suggestions.
My secret swapper (for the PC/NC swap) accidentally PM'd me and announced our partnership.....except that I wasn't her partner for that swap.

She was upset with herself, but it is so understandable when there are some swaps that are partnered and some that are secret. If you belong to more than one, mixing them is bound to happen! I also want some way to keep me on track as I finish them off! The link from ljptexas has a template for a swap tracker that is terrific!
Old 02-03-2015, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by ljptexas View Post
Check this out & print a calendar for keeping track.... It's really helped me...
http://quarterincher.blogspot.com/p/tutorials_8.html = scroll down under tutorials.....
Thanks for this site. I used these swap calendars last year but didn't save the site.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:15 AM

I started writing everything down in a loose-leaf binder when I joined my first swap in September. I know myself well enough to know I need a place to keep track of not only my partner's name & address & deadline, but what I'm sending, what day I'm sending it, tracking number etc. (Afraid I'll lose that tracking number if it's not written down!) Also, I write down who sent me what. It works well for me, although it doesn't prevent me from getting confused from time to time!
Old 02-04-2015, 05:04 AM

Excel file fits swap(s) information: Name of Swap, host, due dates, addys, results, reminders, plus it can count approximately how many squares (1.5", 2", 2.5", etc) you have in stock to start/finish a quilt. You can measure how much you are spending on swaps: fabric, mail, baggies, etc., which is great for forecasting future swap budgets. Highlighting current or completed swaps keeps you on track & gives you an activity history. It is a time saver because it features 'books' in one file: swaps, stock, budget, work in progress, wish list, sale dates, shop hops, classes, etc. can all be found in one file name so you don't have to search all over the place for the information you need. I call mine Excel Quilting Books. You can even retire a 'book'. Envelopes keep receipts tidy in the event you need to reference them which is my only paper trail. A computer in my workspace is a blessing on so many levels. I hope this makes sense!
Old 02-04-2015, 06:07 AM

I address the box or envelope as soon as I get my partners name and address. On the outside of envelope, or box ,I label and tag it with the swap. You can also put due date on back. Example FQ Feb Swap SP Feb swap NC/PC Feb Swap Mug/Rug Feb Swap. You can put the print out of the swap, or a reminder note of what you want to send in it. You can add things into it, until you are ready to mail. I have a bin I put them , until I am ready to mail. You can request free boxes , padded envelopes , and your mailing labels, free of charge through the mail. You can also purchase pre paid postage envelopes and boxes , then just hand them to your postman.