Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 02-11-2015, 11:55 AM
dd

I was thinking of doing a row quilt but I was going to do Christmas for my daughter. You know, trees, mittens, mugs, that sort of thing. Guess that's not what you were thinking, huh?
Old 02-11-2015, 04:25 PM

Elisabrat: If you decide to do it I'm in. I had so much fun on the one you and Jabba did.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:27 PM

ok, I do not know what a row quilt is.....but I am in, also.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:27 AM

Sounds like fun!
Sunlit-here is a row quilt along I did last year....the hostess posted a block with instructions each month. I think Elisabrat's will be a bit less structured though, which I like!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	509855  
Old 02-12-2015, 04:47 AM
dd

Gee wish I had known about that one,jillmc. That's just what I was thinking for my daughter. Love the snowflake background fabric.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:06 AM

wow isn't that a terrific quilt! I am thinking of one that is less structured because everyone loves something different. this will have "rules" for each row but it will all flow down into one theme in the end. Just a thought I think it would be fun however and hey we can all learn something new in each and every quilt we have. I would say you need to decide is this for you? is it for someone else you want to make it for? this will help with the design concept. We do have a theme for this but its open to interpretation! thus making each and every quilt individually different. There would be approximately 6-8 rows so not a huge investment of time. again depending on how big you need it this will either go quickly for you or might take a bit more time. its one thing to whip up a baby quilt (which I still five of!) or to make a king size quilt top! therefore how long it takes you will be truly up to you and your industrious ways. I can not make a king size quilt top plus I only have a double bed so I personally don't need one! my daughter would love one but I am thinking .. a large throw for napping is about as big as I am going. oh no! mean mom! three kids to make for plus all those future babies.. I am thinking lots of little quilts are in my future. I still have not decided how big I want this to be.. I have an idea, and think it will work out pretty good. wish me luck! I will start the end of the month if you guys are game and this will be the color choices/fabric quantities which I am bad at ! but it will give you time to pull your fabrics in advance and get the quantities you will need. I suggest that this quilt everyone plan on minimum 6 rows and we go from there. I hope you all bear with me due to my physical abilities I had 10 surgeries in the last year and am praying like no tomorrow that there are only 1 or 2 more this year. I am sure done with surgery. thank you for understanding that I will try my very best to be right here to work on this each month with all of you but there might be some days that I am late by a day or two because of the fun ideas they keep coming up with for me in Billings at the hospital. I don't have a partner this time so its all me.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
wow isn't that a terrific quilt! I am thinking of one that is less structured because everyone loves something different. this will have "rules" for each row but it will all flow down into one theme in the end. Just a thought I think it would be fun however and hey we can all learn something new in each and every quilt we have. I would say you need to decide is this for you? is it for someone else you want to make it for? this will help with the design concept. We do have a theme for this but its open to interpretation! thus making each and every quilt individually different. There would be approximately 6-8 rows so not a huge investment of time. again depending on how big you need it this will either go quickly for you or might take a bit more time. its one thing to whip up a baby quilt (which I still five of!) or to make a king size quilt top! therefore how long it takes you will be truly up to you and your industrious ways. I can not make a king size quilt top plus I only have a double bed so I personally don't need one! my daughter would love one but I am thinking .. a large throw for napping is about as big as I am going. oh no! mean mom! three kids to make for plus all those future babies.. I am thinking lots of little quilts are in my future. I still have not decided how big I want this to be.. I have an idea, and think it will work out pretty good. wish me luck! I will start the end of the month if you guys are game and this will be the color choices/fabric quantities which I am bad at ! but it will give you time to pull your fabrics in advance and get the quantities you will need. I suggest that this quilt everyone plan on minimum 6 rows and we go from there. I hope you all bear with me due to my physical abilities I had 10 surgeries in the last year and am praying like no tomorrow that there are only 1 or 2 more this year. I am sure done with surgery. thank you for understanding that I will try my very best to be right here to work on this each month with all of you but there might be some days that I am late by a day or two because of the fun ideas they keep coming up with for me in Billings at the hospital. I don't have a partner this time so its all me.
I so agree with the size of quilts. I don't have the equipment, nor the money it would take to quilt or whatever, and the idea of a large quilt is so overwhelming I can't see me finishing it. So I stick to what I know, large lap quilts, quilts for children, baby quilts, runner, that type of thing. So glad I am not alone on this. As far as a row quilt, I like your idea, and as I have seen others do, if someone wants something bigger then they can add to what you have to offer. Prayers and thoughts for your struggle medical issues. Just remember, you don't have to apologize for anything, you don't let things stop you. Hugs.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:54 AM

Brat: You've faced medical problems that would stop a lesser woman, what ever your health requires do it. For me its the joy of working with others that draws me to these challenges anyway. If in the process, you need assistance just call on me. I would be happy to help.
Darn that is a lot of surgery. Hope no more are required and you feel stronger every day.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:22 AM

Brat, I love the idea of a row quilt along, count me in! Have you decided what the theme will be? Maybe you already said what it is and I missed it. This really sounds great as this my no buy year for fabric. I'm sure that I have enough fabric on hand to make this without buying more. I am running out of yellows and have only 2 yards of black but I think I can substitute with little or no problems.
Jillmc, Is the thread for that quilt along still available? It is such a beautiful quilt.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:25 AM

A row by row quilt sounds fun! Are you going to start a new thread for this?