Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 01-27-2015, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
Kitty, have you looked thru the tutorials on Vikings web-site, they have lots of them. The other site that has classes for this software4D thru 6 is mrpatienc.com, he has free tutes and also classes
Thanks for your reply, I have been to the Viking site but will go and look again, maybe I missed it. I will also try the other site you suggested as well..
Old 01-27-2015, 02:53 PM

Kitty, you know that along the manuals that come with the software, if you go into your computer under programs and where your 6D is installed you can find more info. I'm at work right now so I'm not sure what its called but what it is, is a copy of the manuals that came with your software plus alot more. They tutorials, etc along with it. You can also sign up with Viking to get their monthly newsletter and there is lots of info and tutorials in it as well. I wish I had my laptop with me so that I could tell you exactly what its called but it is under 6D, its good to check alot of that stuff out because it'll also contain alot of fixes and solutions that they found after the manuals were created. I'll go to Vikings web site and check where the tutorials are now and see if I can find the link.
try this one, http://www.embroiderylearningcenter....aign=6DWebsite, its not the only one under vikings
Old 01-28-2015, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
Kitty, you know that along the manuals that come with the software, if you go into your computer under programs and where your 6D is installed you can find more info. I'm at work right now so I'm not sure what its called but what it is, is a copy of the manuals that came with your software plus alot more. They tutorials, etc along with it. You can also sign up with Viking to get their monthly newsletter and there is lots of info and tutorials in it as well. I wish I had my laptop with me so that I could tell you exactly what its called but it is under 6D, its good to check alot of that stuff out because it'll also contain alot of fixes and solutions that they found after the manuals were created. I'll go to Vikings web site and check where the tutorials are now and see if I can find the link.
try this one, http://www.embroiderylearningcenter....aign=6DWebsite, its not the only one under vikings

Thanks Judy, I will look again..I'm just missing it somehow..lol
Old 02-15-2015, 09:32 AM

So I have a question about what you do with bad embroideries. I am learning my Brother PE 770 and I spent this morning trying to get two designs on one dish towel. I have two good designs on two separate dish towels (the other side of the towel is ruined with a unusable partial design) and I've decided that I am going to cut the good designs from each towel and sew them together with some fun fabric so I can keep them for me. What do you do with boo boos?
Old 02-15-2015, 10:24 AM
Banned

Make hanging towels with the good end. Just find a pattern for
adding fabric.

Sometimes what I do with my boo boo projects is save them or
take close up photos of the bad areas and try to keep a log book
with as many details as I can remember about what I did wrong,
(or think I did wrong), along with any other details and what I did
to fix the issue.

Of course usually after making notes about the mistake I generally
toss the item to rags box.

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
So I have a question about what you do with bad embroideries. I am learning my Brother PE 770 and I spent this morning trying to get two designs on one dish towel. I have two good designs on two separate dish towels (the other side of the towel is ruined with a unusable partial design) and I've decided that I am going to cut the good designs from each towel and sew them together with some fun fabric so I can keep them for me. What do you do with boo boos?
Old 02-15-2015, 11:13 AM

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but don't have time to read thru 150 pages. I have a Brother Quattro6000 that is being horribly underutilized. Being in a small(ish) town, the store I got it from is not equippped to instruct. That and the fact that it's not the latest model anymore.

Anyway, I wanted to be able to embroider quilting patterns onto quilts, but don't know how to set up the quilt. Do I hoop it in a regular hoop? Use stabilizer? Haven't the slightest idea how to even start. I bought a lot of patterns on line that would fit into a 4 or 6 inch square that I'm anxious to use.

Anyone know where I can find instructions (since those that came with the machine do not even begin to address this), how-to videos, hints, advice, anything? How do you handle the weight of the quilt on the machine to allow it to move? Would appreciate anything I can get. Like I said, it's a shame the machine is so underutilized, especially since it cost more than the long-arm sit-down machine I just bought. lol Does anyone know if there are magnetic hoops that would fit this machine (can't find online).
Old 02-15-2015, 11:38 AM

I recently finished a Christmas quilt and was quite pleased with how it turned out. 1. Make a good sized quilt sandwich: top, batting, backing (no stabilizer) for checking threads-top and bottom if using two different types or colors or invisible, tension, your design, etc. as you should use the same weight thread in the bobbin for the backside of the quilt. You really want to test that tension. 2. Have your machine on a large table to hold the whole weight of your quilt. 3. Open your hoop as far as possible, hoop, choose the design you tested and embroider.

Last edited by abc123retired; 02-15-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:27 PM

[QUOTE=IrishgalfromNJ;7091304]So I have a question about what you do with bad embroideries. I am learning my Brother PE 770 and I spent this morning trying to get two designs on one dish towel. I have two good designs on two separate dish towels (the other side of the towel is ruined with a unusable partial design) and I've decided that I am going to cut the good designs from each towel and sew them together with some fun fabric so I can keep them for me. What do you do with bo

I use old hand towels that I have in the rag bag to try out monograms or questionable designs sometimes. Haven't had much problem with boo boo's when working on designs but am sure I would just add it to the rag bag if I messes up.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
I keep them and use them for dust clothes if they look bad...have a couple towels with upside down designs...
Old 02-15-2015, 08:09 PM

I totally agree with Quilty-Louise......I would do the same....and by the way....I think that it happens to all of us on our quilting road.....sometime something just has to go to the trush..... Good luck, keep smiling and remember that most if the projects actually do come out looking great..... Also you can make some record of which thread were you using, how many stitches the project had ( there is a limit to the stitches you machine will accept ) kind if fabric and the kind of stabilizer yoy are using.....I was sure I was using the right kind till I found something that is much better and it shows on the results...... Also the tention...when the stitches are dense or loose, you have to play with the tention just a very tiny bit......good luck