Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by martha jo
Thanks for the directions on putting photos. Printed it out so can get help if I need it. Our weather is really bad but will go to Best as soon as it clears. Still haven't received my paper and the video. I bought some at Office Depot and it is too thick. Tried to cut down 17 tracing vellum as it is not printer size and it won't go through my printer. My package is on the way. Doing some of the easier blocks on the list but not happy with my work. Determined!
martha, you are so amazing. i firmly believe there's nothing you can't do when you set your mind to it.

you'll be paper piecing in no time. if that dvd doesn't work for you - i'll come to visit and teach you myself.

you are going to have a beautiful jane quilt by the end of the cyber party.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bearpaw
WOO HOO!!!! DH just got home with a package for me!!!! I opened it up and started drooling over and petting the fabric. He nicely commented "You have issues". :lol: :lol:
i'm doing the happy dance for you!!!

this is just wonderful - you'll be able to sew this weekend!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Originally Posted by cjt_mama
Here's my quilt so far...

Sorry about having to download it.
*sigh* I can't seem to look at the knowingly gorgeous quilt! :(

Klue do you know how I can export the image from the DJ software as a jpeg or other uploading friendly file?
with the DJ stuff, i just opened the exported file from DJ and then save it again as a jpeg and then upload it to the forum.

it bugs me to no end that i just can't save the pic from DJ as a jpeg to begin with.

I've tried saving it a bunch of different ways and nothing worked, so I guess I'll have to leave it as a download.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:14 PM

Something that might be useful for those having trouble finding the vellum paper at Staples: if you have an art supply store anywhere near you, try looking there for "Design Vellum". The brand I'm using is Clearprint and it comes in a pad of 50 sheets, 11X17" - so you do need to cut each sheet in half before you put it through the printer. I'm using it because I happen to have it left over from the drafting classes I took a couple of years ago.

I have no idea what the price of it would be. Here's a link to the company's website: http://www.clearprintpapercompany.co...a/vellums.html

Which tells me that the paper I'm using is 16-pound, and that it comes in a variety of sizes :)

Jan
Old 01-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ai731
Something that might be useful for those having trouble finding the vellum paper at Staples: if you have an art supply store anywhere near you, try looking there for "Design Vellum". The brand I'm using is Clearprint and it comes in a pad of 50 sheets, 11X17" - so you do need to cut each sheet in half before you put it through the printer. I'm using it because I happen to have it left over from the drafting classes I took a couple of years ago.

I have no idea what the price of it would be. Here's a link to the company's website: http://www.clearprintpapercompany.co...a/vellums.html

Which tells me that the paper I'm using is 16-pound, and that it comes in a variety of sizes :)

Jan
this is good to know many times i've wished for legal size vellum to run thru my printer.

thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:38 PM

WOO HOO!!!! DH just got home with a package for me!!!! I opened it up and started drooling over and petting the fabric. He nicely commented "You have issues". :lol: :lol:
LOL
Old 01-08-2010, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
i'm doing the happy dance for you!!!

this is just wonderful - you'll be able to sew this weekend!!!
"You have issues" is pretty damn funny!!! I'm glad your fabric came.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:26 PM

YAY for fabric!!!!!!!!! That reminds me that I ordered 15 yards of muslin from Joann's online on something like Decemer 16 or 30 or something like that... and it's still not here. I went ahead and bought my DJ muslin locally because it was taking so long. Now I wonder where the heck my package is!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:29 PM

Here's my quilt so far...

Sorry about having to download it.
Your blocks inspire me!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:31 PM

Well what do ya know. I did order that on Dec 16th.... apparently their computers crashed and my order fell thru the cracks. So that fabric was never GOING to come! Glad I'm not still sitting here waiting on it!!! Sheesh.