Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#9 Mystery Quilt Train Ride - Who's got scraps? >

#9 Mystery Quilt Train Ride - Who's got scraps?

#9 Mystery Quilt Train Ride - Who's got scraps?

Old 02-21-2015, 02:55 PM

[QUOTE=Redtop;7099901]
Originally Posted by AnngelAnne View Post
Redtop, do you have a link for the biddy blocks? I would like to see what those are. Thanks.

Sorry it's Bitty Blocks. They are at Quiltmaker.com-on the Quilty Pleasure blog. Scroll down and you will find Jan. and Feb. blocks . Jan. was bowtie Feb is basket. When I found it there was a clickable Bitty Block page, but this morning I had to search the blog
Thanks, will go check this out. I went back to the original writing and see you put both bitty and biddy, so I just picked the wrong one, lol.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Don't forget -- you need some of the constant dark for another day.
Got lots more of the dark--it was the light fabrics I was using up--plenty more of some of them, too!
Old 02-21-2015, 03:26 PM

I am not a red person, but that swirl stuff totally is wonderful. Love this combination.
Thanks--reds are my favorite, so I decided to do this one for me! I love the swirls--I have several colors of it.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:07 PM

Seriously I suppose it isn't funny, but you have to laugh when you can, and trust me, I laugh at myself as I try to stay on my feet doing all this. I wore a cast for ten years, now have special shoes that don't fit into boots, any more than my bad foot does, so all of this is done in shoes. You can bet I clean in front of me well before I take the next step. Running naked, a horror, but funny too. I don't get on the roof, I use a long handled roof rake and a step ladder for some of it. That is funny too as I don't like getting too high off the ground. So all in all, entertaining, a workout, and about all the words you can find to say quietly as you do it. Going to travel along this one, watch the progress, send stuff to sample along the way, I love having guinea pigs to try new recipes on and just enjoy the ride.
AnngelAnne I enjoyed reading your trials and tribulations of snow, I had images of you doing all of it and then beginning a yearly Quilter's Naked Snow Run, where all we could wear was our warmest quilt we had made that year.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:24 PM

I am trying this MT , found enough light but it's all in just 2 fabrics I have a ton of darks though so hopefully I can jump on when the train swings out to the west coast. 59 F. right now not a speck of snow sense Nov.
I'm bringing cookie butter's in 4 different flavors plus apples and strawberries for dipping.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

Love the aqua and white, i'm doing it for my bedroom now. I also love the red and white, reminds me of the antique red and white quilts and redwork quilts. beautiful and crisp. love them all, the purple is great too. I was going to do it in royal and white, but now I think I need more for the border.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:00 PM

the red swirlys with the tone on tones is going to be beautiful.

Sry, Lynnie, but Sadie is right, a FQ is not enough. If you had 5 FQs ... If you use a combo of darks I don't think you will be as happy with the result, but if you don't want to buy anything, you can try it.

jaba, yes, you can easily make this any size you want, casn make it as long you want, it can be done. Sorry I'm not more help, since this is such a short mystery, I don't want to give much away. See if you can make triple the numbers we are calling for and see what happens, and then you could add more if needed.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:34 PM

I finally got home from work and jumped on board.. I have my strips ready to sew tonite!
Old 02-21-2015, 05:58 PM

Just finished two great days of classes with Pat Sloan. I'm hoping the train stops by here tomorrow or Monday so I can jump on and share the oranges and grapefruit that didn't freeze. BTW, we broke a 100 year old record here...with 23 degrees! WOO HOO! See you all soon.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:05 PM

Triple the numbers it is Judy. Thanks so much for the info, didn't want you to give away your secrets, you gave me enough info and it's appreciated!! Thank you so much.