Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Signup ends February 28, 2015 >

March Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Signup ends February 28, 2015

March Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Signup ends February 28, 2015

Old 02-27-2015, 04:26 PM

I wouldn't post a pic of the mug rug, because it's not secret pal, and whoever you get may be in this swap, too..
Though I thought Brat had posted asking us to wait and make our mug rugs after we find out our partners likes, etc.. But maybe I'm confused...because that's NEVER been known to happen ..lol..

This is my 1st time on this swap. Did I read it where I can make both, or is it make only a nc or a pc?
If it is make both, do both go to the same person? Like if I was going to make them semi coordinating..

Kif
Old 02-27-2015, 04:41 PM

I got my calico when she was a few months old. A friend's cat had kittens so I was able to pick the one I wanted. That was in 2002. Then I decided that she needed a playmate so I went to the SPCA in 2003. That's when I got Coco. She was a year old at the time. I saw her picture on their website and read that she had a gentle personality. When I went to see her and picked her up she licked my nose. I knew right then and there that she was coming home with me. She was left at the SPCA with her brother who had already been adopted. At that time his name was Frank and her name was Beans. There was no way that I was going to have a cat named Beans so I named her Coco. They will both be 13 years old this year. Callie weighs about 7 lbs and Coco weighs 18 lbs. Here is a couple pictures of my two. In the first picture poor Callie looks like she is being squashed by Coco. In the second picture Callie is laying on a little quilt that I made for her. As you can see, Coco loves that comforter. That is her favorite sleeping position.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]511865[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]511866[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]511867[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sleeping.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	511865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Callie on Quilt.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	511866   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cocos favorite sleeping position.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	511867  
Old 02-27-2015, 04:46 PM

Kiffie, you can make either a pc or a nc or a set of both. The set will go to the same person. We try to make them sorta coordinated but it's not necessary.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:06 PM

Dear KLAWS,
I'm a new member and would like to sign up for the pincushion/needle case swap.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:13 PM

Welcome Dee! Just send me a PM with your information and I will sign you up! The list of questions is located in the instructions on page 1.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:28 PM

I love all the kitty stories and pics!
ctyankee- I love the Legend of Kind Arthur themed names Lovely. That is one of my favorite legends (stories? tales? not sure what it is exactly). Sorry to hear about Merlin Sounds like Arthur really stepped up!!
klaws- I have thought about getting a friend for Elphers...but I am not at all sure how she'd handle that. She's been an only child for so long...haha. She was also left at the shelter. We aren't sure why except that she was pregnant at the time apparently. The kittens were adopted before we met her. Love the kitty quilt too!
Old 02-27-2015, 07:10 PM
Power Poster

cute kitties and quilts. Zoey is a big queenish for her size. If you know what I mean.
I was told I spoiled her. and that kittens don't come spoiled. but they are so easy to spoil.
she won't eat a treat that has fallen on the floor. it's beneath her. only food that is in the bowl.
if it falls out, no matter how hungry, she won't eat it. Spoiled little princess. Like I said, she is Queensized.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:18 PM

I'm enjoying "sharing" all of your wonderful fur babies through your pic and stories.. I sure miss my sweet kitty, she died on Labor Day 2009. She was the only pet I'd ever had, we couldn't have pets when I was a kid. Hubby has had several dogs through the years, but they were all more his.
Buttons was almost 18 when she passed, there's times I still think I see her out of the corner of my eye, or I think I hear her paws padding on the floor...

Thanks for the clarification, Klaws.
I've wanted to make another crazy quilt nc. I have lots of embellishments that'd work great for the St. Pats/green and white theme. I imagine we need to wait and see what our partner likes/dislikes before we make it, so I'm just making the general nc. I'll add the more specific embellishments after I hear from my partner.
Kif
Old 02-27-2015, 07:21 PM

LOL! Arthur is 25 lbs, but he's not a fat kitty -- just very big! He has some bobcat markings, so we figure his great-great-great grand daddy was a bobcat. But he's the sweetest boy. If you ask him a question, he will answer you. And when we're in opener of the house & I say to him, let's go, he follows me. He is far more obedient than our American Eskimo, Jack. And quite the talker.

Hikeaddict -- your Elphers is a cutie -- can we see another photo of her? Did I get her name right?

Klaws -- your two are beautiful. We got ourselves a kitten for our first "month-a-versary" -- a calico. Love calico kitties. That was almost 31 years ago, of course. I see that Coco is not a shy lady -- so cute!

Lynnie -- have you ever posted a photo of Zoey? Just a thought.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:23 PM

I meant to say, "when we are in one part of the house" ... gosh, this auto correct just drives me crazy! My phone does the same thing to me & hubby says I can't spell -- & I tell him, of course I can spell, I was an English major!