Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Signup ends February 28, 2015 >

March Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Signup ends February 28, 2015

March Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Signup ends February 28, 2015

Old 03-06-2015, 02:40 AM

Lucky Lynnie!! Nice job, Jaba..

Suzy0879,
I could see yours a lil bit, from what I could see, I can't wait to see it bigger!

I finished mine, and will be sending it on its way probably Monday. I'm going to try my hand at making a few of the decorative pins to put in the pkg. As I'll be having my 2 awesome "grands" today and tomorrow, I won't be able to work on the pins until Sunday. I'm certainly not complaining about having my sweet kiddoes, tho.
Kif
Old 03-06-2015, 04:31 AM

I shoveled my own van out last time. I moved it before it started snowing and won't have to shovel it out this time, just need the snow to melt off the windshield so I can see. Plan to get an early start today on my needle case.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:53 AM

Lynnie what a great swap you got from Jaba. The trashbag will come in handy. Before all the swaps start coming in here is a pic of my almost finished hexagon wallhanging. I just need to iron it, take all the threads out and put on a border and binding. This was a lot of work and hopefully I'll get it finished. It's really cold here today but at least I don't have any snow.
Everyone have a great day
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hexagons 005.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	855.2 KB
ID:	512662  
Old 03-06-2015, 07:03 AM

Pat, your wallhanging is absolutely beautiful. How long have you been working on it? So much work! Just lovely.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

Lynnie, great swap you got. I love the thread catcher. Nice job Jaba. Pretty Hexies Pat.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:04 AM

Sorry I haven't checked in lately...been busy. Lynnie what a great package you received from Jaba.

Pat love the hexie wallhanging. I know how long it takes to make something like that. I've made reservations to come to Ohio next month for my son's birthday. I'll be arriving on April 15th and leaving on the 22nd. Maybe we can get together again while I am there.

I haven't mentioned anything about the weather here because I didn't want to make all of you up North feel bad. It has been in the 70's and just beautiful. But, unfortunately, the 80's is coming with the humidity. That is what I have a problem with.

I have one more thing to put in my package for my partner and will be mailing it tomorrow. My pc and nc have been finished for awhile but needed a little extra. Everyone, don't forget to let me know when you mail and send me a PM with the tracking number. Also let me know when you receive your package.

Have a great day!
Old 03-06-2015, 11:25 AM

I only worked on it a few hours a night so I'm not sure how long it took. Karen I'm sure that I'll be home so you can come here again. I looked ahead to April 19 and the temps are 40's and 50's so today is the last day of the 20's. I like the 40's but not the 80's. Here it's also humid but not as bad as Fl.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

Pat, beautiful hexes. what size are they. is it to be a throw? I just love them. My crazy kitty, Zoey is sleeping on mine now. I can only work on it when she's not sleeping on it.

Mailed out my partners swap today. did one of those quick shipping things, so she should get it on Monday. Hope you like what I did for you. Hope you can show us all a picture too.

Does anyone know when the next signup is and the next theme is? I know, i'm rushing things. I know also, i'm late this month mailing out. but I had to finish something and needed to get to the store to finish it. You'll see, sorry I'm late, (for me).
Old 03-06-2015, 12:24 PM

Yes, Lynnie, next month will be a choice of either Easter or Spring. I will put the choice in the questionnaire and try to match what people want. It's a little more work for me but I would rather someone get something they want instead of something they don't. We just had this months signup a week ago so the next won't be for another 2 1/2 weeks. But I know you. You will ask again in a week or so. Love ya anyway!
Old 03-06-2015, 12:34 PM

Nhnative,
What a great gfg/hexie quilt! I know it was a lot of work...cue applause...
Can you share how you're going to do the binding? I've only bound a couple of them, one was an inherited top, edges were straight. The other was a large block placemat, and I found a nice tutorial on binding angles..but I'd love to know/see how you do yours.

Klaws,
I appreciate you not sharing your warm weather, but for me, I kinda "relish" in it, and try to warm up while dreaming about it...lol.
And I especially appreciate you taking the time to make sure everyone gets something they'll love...

Lynnie,
If I was near you, I'd give you a "noogie"...
Sorry you mailed late??!! Seriously??!!.. I love ya, too...sometimes even more, as you make me feel better about my own "ublh". Unique but lovable habits...
Oh, and on unique, you must pronounce it "you-nee-cue". .
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 03-06-2015 at 12:38 PM.