Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 03-15-2015, 07:03 PM

[QUOTE=terriamn;7129130]My granddaughter brought me flowers for thinking of me pre surgery. She is so darn sweet and was thrilled and excited wh n I gave her the quilt. She didn't know it was finished. Granddaughter is on right, other two lovely young ladies are her roommates from college in Whichita

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513805[/ATTACH][/

QUOTE]

Terriamn....I am sure your grand daughter's heart skipped a beat when she saw this quilt! Such a loving gift from your grandmother. Thank you for sharing the photo with us.

Got your PM....hoping it will turn out you can join us. Added your name to the e-mail list.

Love this quilt!
Old 03-16-2015, 04:13 AM

Awesome picture Terri love the quilt. It was very sweet of your grand daughter to visit with her roommates and bring you flowers. When is your surgery again? This week?

I hope you can make it in September. I look forward to meeting you and all the other swappers.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:22 AM

Billi I sure hope I can make it also, a week earlier or later would be a definite yes but have to see what we can work out,

Today is the MOHs surgery on my nose and tomorrow is the regular old slice and dice on my back.

talk about coincidences, sat by a guild member at retreat who I barely knew. Turns out her family makes the die that is added to the slides to detect the cancer cells for the MOHS surgery. After hearing her explain how the die works and not mentioning I would be using this process in a couple days ,Afraid she might stop talking, we are even more confident in the process. Have decided to go alone so I don't feed off anyone else's fears.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:48 AM

I'll be thinking all positive thought for you today and tomorrow. So glad you were able to gain some confidance in your procedure today. I'm sitting here warning the a beautiful pink sunrise today is going to be a great day and all will go well for you.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
Retreat sounds like a wonderful thing. I think I am even supposed to be on the east coast in September for a reunion. Boy if could make it the same trip that would be great.

I have taken a sewing machine as carryon several times. Never had a problem with TSA.
Just checking in to see if you were able to learn more about your family reunion dates. I have listed you as "interested" in continuing to receive more information about the September Retreat. PM me your e-mail address so I can add you to the e-mail distribution list. Getting ready to see out more information later this week.

We are definitely happening!
Bee
Old 03-16-2015, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I'll be thinking all positive thought for you today and tomorrow. So glad you were able to gain some confidance in your procedure today. I'm sitting here warning the a beautiful pink sunrise today is going to be a great day and all will go well for you.
Thinking of you today Terri - I have learned that times when I am most fearful are the times I get the most loving support from my creator! Hugs
Bee
Old 03-16-2015, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
I vote mid September. I'll be moved and settled by then . . . and find someone to take care of the horses and dogs (and whatever else I collect in the meantime.)

KAT
Kat...I have you on the list to receive e-mail regarding the Boomer's Retreat. PM me your e-mail so i can add you to the Group list. Photos and other fun info going out later this week.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:26 AM

Ok....this is exciting! This Retreat is going to happen! The 2015 Boomeranger's Blowout and UFO Inspection:

Here is the list so far of those who are seriously interested:

Janice McC
Billi
Travelinggramma
Quilt Addict
AZKat
Terriamn
Bibliostone

DiFergi - Co Host
(Buzzy) Bee Beatty Co Host

If you are interested...PM me your e-mail address so I can add you to the information distribution list.

Thanks Bee
Old 03-16-2015, 07:49 AM

Bee,

PM is on it's way.

Terri,

I'll be in Wisconsin in September. Maybe you can fly into Milwaukee and I'll pick you up and we can drive to Sweetwater together. Oh, I guess I might mention that I have a truck. How much fabric do you think we can bring back in the bed?

KAT
Old 03-16-2015, 07:52 AM

OK, I've decided to extend the challenge for myself and get as many quilts done as I can before Mother's Day. This is a quilt I started in hopes of having finished by the time I move so I can have a new quilt for the new house.

It's half way quilted . . .

The lump in the upper left hand corner is a dog. She's 6 and has learned not to move once she's covered with anything I'm working on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	YellowBlueFlowers1.png
Views:	45
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	513835