Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
How often does JoAnn have 25% off total purchase and $29.99 on batting? >

How often does JoAnn have 25% off total purchase and $29.99 on batting?

How often does JoAnn have 25% off total purchase and $29.99 on batting?

Old 03-15-2015, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
I doubt if you can use the 25% off coupon on that batting as it already has a discount on it. Let us know if it works. How do you like the batting???
I like the batting. It is light but that is a feature I like.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:17 PM

Thanks! I ordered a roll to try it. The total was $23.96! Sounds like a good deal even if you double the batting.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by susiequilt View Post
Thanks! I ordered a roll to try it. The total was $23.96! Sounds like a good deal even if you double the batting.
I think it is a good deal too.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:14 AM

I bought a roll and it is huge ( tall and heavy). It is very light weight. I felt I needed more batting, more thickness so I doubled it and whoa....the quilt (not yet quilted) is one big fat ball that I am not sure I can handle! I might just have to tie it instead of quilt it!
Old 03-16-2015, 05:44 PM

I got the shipping notice that it will be delivered tomorrow! That's fast.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:03 PM

I'll be very curious to hear what you think of it susie. I am a quilting newbie and really don't know good batting from bad.

PS. I didn't buy it in the end. Hubby was right, I should use a lot more of the roll I already have first. Because as Joy said, it is a huge roll and it takes a lot of space to store.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:42 AM

Joanne's always has some coupon on their website. Sometimes it's a percentage off one item, which sounds like it will work for you when you want to order your batting. I'm not sure if the single-item ones are good on sale items, because I don't use these and haven't paid that much attention to them. The one I see there now is for 30% off a regular priced item (some exclusions apply, like irons and sewing machines).

Sometimes the coupon is for a percentage off the whole order, including sale items. These are the ones I use, since it's not worth it for me to drive out there for one item, and it's not worth it to order one item online and pay for shipping. I think I've seen 10%, 15%, 20%, and 30%, but the 30% is rare. I've gotten some fabric for less than $3 a yard. Not nearly as nice as the LQS fabric, but it helped me build a small stash without spending thousands. Now that I'm not stash-building, I don't buy at Joanne's much.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by joym View Post
I bought a roll and it is huge ( tall and heavy). It is very light weight. I felt I needed more batting, more thickness so I doubled it and whoa....the quilt (not yet quilted) is one big fat ball that I am not sure I can handle! I might just have to tie it instead of quilt it!
It is lightweight, but I prefer it that way. Usually my quilts are so heavy and seem to weigh a ton. This works for me. I have never tried doubling up on any batting, though.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mitty View Post
Joanne's always has some coupon on their website. Sometimes it's a percentage off one item, which sounds like it will work for you when you want to order your batting. I'm not sure if the single-item ones are good on sale items, because I don't use these and haven't paid that much attention to them. The one I see there now is for 30% off a regular priced item (some exclusions apply, like irons and sewing machines).

Sometimes the coupon is for a percentage off the whole order, including sale items. These are the ones I use, since it's not worth it for me to drive out there for one item, and it's not worth it to order one item online and pay for shipping. I think I've seen 10%, 15%, 20%, and 30%, but the 30% is rare. I've gotten some fabric for less than $3 a yard. Not nearly as nice as the LQS fabric, but it helped me build a small stash without spending thousands. Now that I'm not stash-building, I don't buy at Joanne's much.
I like the percent off total purchase coupons too. I mostly use for staples that I go through a lot of, like batting or muslin. This particular batting has really worked out for me, the price is right and no shipping, so to get the percent off in addition is a bonus.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by KenmoreGal2 View Post
Today is the last day of a 25% off sale at JAF - 25% off total purchase online or in the store.

I'm considering buying another roll of the Pellon poly batting - 60" x 20 years for $ 29.99 less discount with free shipping. I don't need it yet but if this is a really special price I feel I should jump on it.

Thanks!!
Guess what? They removed the free ship on this batting...I am glad I got it before they did.