Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers! >
  • March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers!

• March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers!

Old 03-17-2015, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by TPr9258
    That is what I thought Patchesnposies when I suggested it, if you sent things that reminded you of your mom the person receiving can maybe see their mom in the stuff you sent,
    I think this is a novel idea and we'd learn so much about each other, when we explained why we chose what we did, don't you think?
    Old 03-18-2015, 12:32 PM

What's everyone doing? The chatting has fell off. Does everyone have spring fever? I do and the sun today is so pretty but still chilly here in Ohio. I think it's only 45 but that's ok! At least the sun is out!
    Old 03-18-2015, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by oneteappot
    What's everyone doing? The chatting has fell off. Does everyone have spring fever? I do and the sun today is so pretty but still chilly here in Ohio. I think it's only 45 but that's ok! At least the sun is out!
    Laurel!!!!!
    I've tried twice to message you. My internet is being soooooo moody. I don't know if you got either message. I mailed SEVEN packages today. (Three fq swaps, a fq gift, a lil beach packet for sooooomeoneeee..., a mug rug package and something for a BrotherInLaw.) Yup got there just as the guy was cleaning out the outside boxes. When I printed postage it said three day delivery!!! It's always good to get that job done. I'm sorry I've kept ladies waiting!!
    <3 Sheri
    Old 03-18-2015, 03:41 PM

Brat,
    Love your chickies story, even though your lil mom loved the lil chickies...to death.
    Ahh, the innocence of kids...

Patchesnposies,
    I received your pkg today. Um more like your PKG today..
    Goodness gracious me, what did I do to get such awesome pkgs this month??!!
    I hesitate to say anything, because I'm afraid some of y'all will figure out you meant to mail them to someone else...lol
    Anyways, I opened up the box, and I squealed (more like croaked, I have the "creeping crud" and my voice is rather froggy. So much for getting the flu shot that didn't work this year...) So I croak-squealed in delight!
    Where do I start?? The fabrics...oh the fabrics, love them all, but the vintage Easter ones brought back sweet memories.. The purple sparkly butterflies is the exact one I have a small square of. My lil granddaughter has held onto that square for like 2 years...wishing it was bigger, as she LOVES it. I can't wait to surprise her with the fq. With that, you will get a real squeal and a jig
    The decorative pins are so beautiful! I'm thinking I'm going to have dh make me some type of shadow box display for all of the lovely pins I'm getting.
    The chocolates...yum yum..hubby eyed those immediately! And the sweet card. Thank you so very much, my sweet friend!
    Here's a pic:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]514070[/ATTACH]

Regards,
    Kif
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150318_183502.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	514070  
    Old 03-18-2015, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies
    Here are the oh-so-cute Easter Fabrics that Miss Kiff sent to me. I had tucked them safely away in a little basket until I could get a picture taken and then promptly forgot where I put them. sigh. It's rough getting old......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513865[/ATTACH]

Thanks, Kiffie! I LOVE these! I'll be sending your tracking number in about an hour. Off to the PO!

Is that a vintage hanky, embroidered, there at the bottom?
    Old 03-18-2015, 04:51 PM

Sewellie, It is an old bureau scarf (I think that is what it is called!). I collect (rescue!) old linens.
    Old 03-18-2015, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413
    Brat,
    Love your chickies story, even though your lil mom loved the lil chickies...to death.

Patchesnposies,
    I hesitate to say anything, because I'm afraid some of y'all will figure out you meant to mail them to someone else...lol
    Anyways, I opened up the box, and I squealed (more like croaked, I have the "creeping crud" and my voice is rather froggy. So much for getting the flu shot that didn't work this year...) So I croak-squealed in delight!
    Where do I start?? The fabrics...oh the fabrics, love them all, but the vintage Easter ones brought back sweet memories.. The purple sparkly butterflies is the exact one I have a small square of. My lil granddaughter has held onto that square for like 2 years...wishing it was bigger, as she LOVES it. I can't wait to surprise her with the fq. With that, you will get a real squeal and a jig
    The decorative pins are so beautiful! I'm thinking I'm going to have dh make me some type of shadow box display for all of the lovely pins I'm getting.
    The chocolates...yum yum..hubby eyed those immediately! And the sweet card. Thank you so very much, my sweet friend!
    Here's a pic:

Regards,
    Kif
    Kif, I am glad that you liked them and that I sent a favorite of your little grand daughter. Cool beans.

I love the vintage print fabrics, too. However, my 17 year old son looked at the striped vintage fabric and asked me if I wasn't sure it was supposed to go to the Ugly Fabric swap. lol I told him to be quiet or I'd make him a shirt out of it! (All in good fun, of course!)
    Old 03-18-2015, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413
    Brat,

Patchesnposies,
    Here's a pic:

Regards,
    Kif
    Wow, look at those pins, awesome!!! Patchesnposies, did you make those pins?
    Old 03-18-2015, 05:10 PM

Mothers Day fabrics, good idea, I have a few that remind me of mother.
    Old 03-19-2015, 04:55 AM

oh no way those vintage prints are the best ever! who wouldn't love those?? I am swooning over that and those beautiful pins. You ladies are so creative with the pin making! I think a display would be so cool now you can collect something else kiffie! some of this and some of that and oh a few of these too! tada! I would also make something for your son out of the one he really didn't care for. something you know he has to keep.. oh darn this is from MOM she made it for me. cant throw it out! lol.

well is there anyone who hasn't mailed yet? have you told your partner why? if not please write them so there is not a mystery happening on when they will be getting it. Its time to mail if you haven't. Period. Please write your partner and ask them about mailing if you haven't received. Then let me know what they have said or if they are not responding. Do not write me until you have done this please. its much nicer coming from partners than from me. Trust me.