Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers! >
  • March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers!

• March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers!

Old 03-19-2015, 06:28 AM

Sheri, glad to hear that you are OK. I was beginning to worry because you hadnt posted for awhile. I will be watching for your package!
    The pins that you ladies are getting are beautiful. Can I ask what you do with them? Are they just pretty to look at? How do you make them?
    Old 03-19-2015, 07:04 AM

Maybe someone should start a swap with the pins, I would love to have a few by the sounds of it, have never seen them before
    Old 03-19-2015, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by oneteappot
    Sheri, glad to hear that you are OK. I was beginning to worry because you hadnt posted for awhile. I will be watching for your package!
    The pins that you ladies are getting are beautiful. Can I ask what you do with them? Are they just pretty to look at? How do you make them?
    I don't know what they call them other than hat pins. I have an antique little jar thingey that has bigger holes in it than a salt shaker and I put mine in that. I could post pictures. The problem with it is there aren't enough holes for all my pins.
    Old 03-19-2015, 08:33 AM

I didn't know anything about these pins either when I started back in Dec or Jan. I received one from my LJDugas and was hooked. I put mine in my many pincushions. They are lovely little jewels. <3

I bought floral pins off of ebay they come with all sorts of tops (pearls or crystals and other things too I believe). I ordered 2 inch which I felt were too small and upgraded to 3 inch which are just right if I don't get carried away. lol

I have ordered beads off of the internet and also bought them at WalMart. I use E6000 Jewelry and Bead glue but one of my swap partners (whigrose) used a crimper/ring to hold hers on.

Klaws made me one with a shamrock/lucky clover charm on it. SO cute. They are easy peasy to make and relatively inexpensive. Hope this helps!
    Old 03-19-2015, 01:55 PM

Received some more beautiful fabrics from Jeanne49! I wish my pic showed the sparkles of some of them, they're all so pretty!!
    And a big thank you for the chocolates...from hubby, too.

It's cloudy and misty outside, and I'm fighting the "creeping crud", so opening your pkg really made my day!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]514158[/ATTACH]

Thank you for everything!
    Kif
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150319_165008.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	514158  
    Old 03-19-2015, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413
    Received some more beautiful fabrics from Jeanne49! I wish my pic showed the sparkles of some of them, they're all so pretty!!
    And a big thank you for the chocolates...from hubby, too.

It's cloudy and misty outside, and I'm fighting the "creeping crud", so opening your pkg really made my day!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]514158[/ATTACH]

Thank you for everything!
    Kif
    So glad you liked the prints I picked out. Always great to give someone a little brightness in an otherwise cruddy day!
    Old 03-19-2015, 04:55 PM

Oh my! Deb.......aka-Patchesnposies... These fqs are beautiful. We swapped florals and Easter. The two vintage Easter prints are half yard cuts. So generous, I'm stunned. So pretty I don't even know what to do with them! The pins are beautiful, even my hubby was in awe. I received two pretty pins in the MugRug swap and some beauties from Mariposa in my 2.5"Candy charm swap. I REALLY need a special pincushion now!

(Your package from me should be to you any day. I'm not sure it will compare to yours....) Thank YOU!!
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	514186  
    Old 03-19-2015, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies
    I didn't know anything about these pins either when I started back in Dec or Jan. I received one from my LJDugas and was hooked. I put mine in my many pincushions. They are lovely little jewels. <3

I bought floral pins off of ebay they come with all sorts of tops (pearls or crystals and other things too I believe). I ordered 2 inch which I felt were too small and upgraded to 3 inch which are just right if I don't get carried away. lol

I have ordered beads off of the internet and also bought them at WalMart. I use E6000 Jewelry and Bead glue but one of my swap partners (whigrose) used a crimper/ring to hold hers on.

Klaws made me one with a shamrock/lucky clover charm on it. SO cute. They are easy peasy to make and relatively inexpensive. Hope this helps!
    I don't know if that helps or not. hahaha Easy peasy to make - show me. I have just gathered some from different places, but all but 2 are antique. Would love to see a tutorial. I'm not very good at making things unless someone shows me. Dah.
    Ellie
    Old 03-20-2015, 08:57 AM

Thank you SherriR for the spring FQs. Absolutely needed. I am doing French Roses pattern class next week and a couple will be used. I have some from other swaps that will also be used.
    Old 03-20-2015, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by cuppy
    Thank you SherriR for the spring FQs. Absolutely needed. I am doing French Roses pattern class next week and a couple will be used. I have some from other swaps that will also be used.
    Glad you received them! That means everyone else should too.