Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time! >

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

Old 03-21-2015, 12:32 PM

OK everything fixed, binding on will mail out Monday sometime, can't believe we got another 6in of that white stuff, but even so girls made it from Virginia to Jersey without delay, today to do our corn beef and cabbage
Old 03-21-2015, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

I agree, Lynnie. Good post.

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
I start right away. this way, if it doesn't turn out good, I have time to re do it. If you wait till the last minute to so it. it's not fair to the recipient.You usually rush and it shows.

cut all loose threads, make sure all is tucked in, use fabrics that you'd like to receive back.
Make sure all looks good to go in a show. show you care, it's not just 'good enough'. You want to be proud of what you do. Pictures will be taken, and we'll all see it. If you wouldn't want it back, don't send it. . Linda gives us enough time to do a good job, if you can't do it, take your time and take a month off, like Linda said.

Linda, just a quick not of appreciation to you for all you do for us. we all know that you have your own issues, but always find time for us and encouragement t..o all. a big thanks...
Old 03-21-2015, 01:13 PM

Terriamn your MR is on its way. You should get it Monday. Today is nice and warm with all kinds of spring blooms all over.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:37 PM

Nelco yours should also be there Monday or Tuesday.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:25 PM
Power Poster

Great, that means we get more pictures, (I hope).
Old 03-21-2015, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
I have cut out the fabric and will sew it tomorrow, if my pic post, here is a tease pic. I hope you like the mug and I'll [ATTACH=CONFIG]514260[/ATTACH] mail it on Monday. I hope you like the fabric.
Happylab, I LOVE the sneak peak! Those fabrics look so VERY ME. I am sure that whatever you are putting together for me I will be tickled pink! I am always aware of the time and effort that are involved in the creation of these beautiful works of art. I am so appreciative. Thanks in advance HL!
Old 03-22-2015, 06:57 AM

Thanks once again ladies! I appreciate your not thinking I am a meanie! I try hard not to be but at times there have to be reminders and now I will hopefully remember to put this in the sign ups as well so its clear as daylight for those not following the thread. I want everyone happy. wishful thinking? perhaps but its sounds so marvelously good!

ok I am hoping we get to see a few more mug rugs too! guess what? later today I will post sign ups for next months swap! its not that early even though it seems it but its time for a new adventure. for those who have sent and want a quick start to next month I say go for it ! I also say its a great way to sign up (oh yeah that is important!) but also to start thinking of what you might do and what fabrics you might pull. Its a theme once again but.. you can interpret it as you will! yup.. by the theme itself! or maybe by the color respresenting the theme.. or something that isn't the theme but perhaps is colored like the theme but another object all together.. you use your imagination and try to use what you have. it will push your thinking. but if you want to.. this gives you time to order online or to buy a bit of fabric that fulfills the requirement! tada! excited yet.. watch for the sign up and get your mind working on what you want to do. then when your fingers are free.. put them walking on your sewing machine! yup! and TAKE YOUR TIME with binding and batting! lol. I want to state three months of continued complaints on any projects coming in I will have to ask you to take a couple months off to work on those skills first. Please don't make me go there!
Old 03-22-2015, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

well said Brat. Looking forward to the next months swap.
I can't wait to see what will be coming in for this month coming.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

what time is the sign up going up??
I need to start now so I can have it done already!!!
Old 03-22-2015, 05:22 PM

I am afraid I might have forgotten to post to this thread, but I am going to sit out the next swap or two. I will be sending out my mug rug swap for Happylab in the next day or two and that will fulfill the last of my swaps for this month. The weather has warmed up considerably here in southern NM and I have a bunch of green growing things that I need to get into the ground before it gets HOT, HOT, HOT. Lots of outdoor work and renovating to do and this is the time of year that the kids activities rachet up quite a few notches. I was hoping I could "do it all" but I just can't.

I will, however, be dropping in to see how everyone is doing and to admire all of the talented mug rugs you all will create!

BIG HUGS to ALL!