Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers! >

March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers!

March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers!

Old 03-21-2015, 05:16 AM

What great fat quarters! could you by any chance get a close up of the fabric right behind the bright daisies that you received? I would love to see that print up closer! tried zooming it but it blurred! darn it!

love what you all have sent this month. Its wonderful to see the variety of spring flowers and easter prints being sent. Heaven, I'm in heaven... singing to myself. The sky was a gorgeous red this morning wonder if that means weather is coming in. I sure loved this early spring we received. I have heard from two other people that it always snows on easter here so I think you are most likely correct Jaba. darn it! ok one or two more snows wont be the end of it all but sure do like spring weather. last year we had zero spring at least in the way I would call spring. you know.. flowers.. maybe a bit of rain not snow. clear skys, trees blooming .. that kind of spring lol. No flowers blooming here they would just be snacks for the deer! lol. and doubt much the Christmas trees in my yard will bloom either lol. but I do see get this the grass is starting to come back so it must be getting warmer. hope hope hope! lol
Old 03-21-2015, 12:27 PM

Here's a pic of the beautiful fqs I received from SheriR. She had the great idea to swap 30's Easter colors. We also swapped flowers, Texas wildflowers, too.
Thanks Sheri, as always, I love what you sent!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514370[/ATTACH]

Kif
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150321_152441.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	514370  
Old 03-21-2015, 04:59 PM

Oh Kif, you beat me to it. I've been gone all day and am only now posting pics of the swap SheriR sent me. I am wild, crazy about the 30's prints she sent me. I almost swooned! The flowers are me-to-a-"T". Thanks so much, Sheri! I also thought the way you sent them was terrific, too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514416[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8682.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	822.5 KB
ID:	514416  
Old 03-22-2015, 06:46 AM

ok I posted daisies I meant to say the yellow flowers on the right side .. argh.

love those 30's prints too! especially the yellow one. I never like yellow! but I sure like that one! the florals are so sweet and would be used instantly also. I am saving up my 30's prints til I have enough for a quilt. might take me a while lol. they are just so cute who wants to CUT those up?? this is how one ends up in trouble with lots of fabric they need but haven't used I fear.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:38 AM

I also received my swap from SheriR. They are like yours! Very pretty and springy! Thank you so much! Now to find the perfect project for them. I love these swaps. What a way to get fabrics that we dont see or think that we need but love after we get them!!!! Thanks again!
Laurel/oneteapot
Old 03-22-2015, 02:43 PM

Just popping to say that I will not be participating in the next FQ swap. I am on hiatus for a month or two to get on top of some things around the old homestead. lol Now that the weather has warmed a bit things green up in a hurry. I have (overseeing!) planting, weeding, watering and building that need to get done asap as well as ferrying around my kids to various activities. It gets a mite hectic around here. I held out hope that I could do it all, but alas, I can't.

I'll be back, though, and plan to stop by and see how everyone is doing!

Big Hugs!

Deb
Old 03-22-2015, 03:11 PM

Just popping in too, keep looking for the new sign up but haven't seen it yet.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:50 PM

I am planning on posting it next Sunday 3/29 unless the group prefers I post it sooner??

Let me know - - - -
Old 03-22-2015, 04:59 PM

OK. I went ahead and posted the April Swap. Jump in!!!
Old 03-22-2015, 05:03 PM

now's good for me, but only an opinion, I don't have civil war left if that's what you're going to do but can swap something else on the side...if we can still do that. Civil war or 50's is 100 miles away, one way, for me to go and buy. Sometimes little towns has those drawbacks but most of the time they are great..less traffic and all the other stuff???