Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I really want this machine...but can I justify the expense?  Help! >

I really want this machine...but can I justify the expense? Help!

I really want this machine...but can I justify the expense? Help!

Old 03-30-2015, 06:40 PM

I have the Crescendo. Traded in my Symphony for it for several reasons
1 - needle threader. No lever, just push a button.
2 - lighting. As we age (I'm now 75 ) we need more light. Superb lighting.
3 - walking foot. Great foot , super easy to install, and the needle threader works when it is on.

Since I got it, I've been using the laser. Didn't think I would, but it's a great feature too. Best thing I did was to get it. Sees beautifully, too. Love it love it love it!!!!

Go for it. You won't be sorry.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:46 PM

you won't regret the purchase. I love my dreamweaver. Check the brother version it might be a little cheaper
Old 03-31-2015, 02:30 AM

Go for it! You deserve it. You will love it! I got a Crescendo last fall. I love everything about it. Wonderful machine!
Old 03-31-2015, 03:22 AM

Just ask two questions - do I want it? & Aren't I worth it?

I bought a Janome 15000 just over a year ago. It cost $10000. I asked the same question as you. DH asked do you want it, can you afford it. The answer to both was yes, so I bought it. Haven't regretted it. Go for it Nanax4
Old 03-31-2015, 03:30 AM

Can you afford the machine? Not justify. Afford. Will you be happy with your second choice or will you always wish that you had bought your first choice? I bought my first machine in the early 70's. Years later, when I wanted things like interchangeable feet, I had sticker shock, but I bought the machine I wanted. I have never looked back. How often do you truly buy what YOU want? It's okay to splurge on yourself once in a while, especially for something that you will use a lot.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:36 AM

Go for it....you are worth the expense!! I have a Viking diamond. Suprised myself when I spent all that money on it...but, I love it and it will probably never buy another machine. Alicat is right...men upgrade their toys! We should too!
Old 03-31-2015, 03:45 AM

I have been sewing on a Symphony for almosts 4 years now. I had wanted a new sewing machine, a good one, and I was looking at a $600 machine when my husband said, what about this one. It was the Symphony. My response was sure I'd love that machine but it's more expensive. He bought it for me and I have loved it ever since. Never a day passes that I am not sewing on it. You won't regret spending extra for a good machine.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:54 AM

Make a list of what you NEED in a new machine and then a list of what you WANT in a machine and a list of what would be NICE in a machine and then compare the list with the features of several brands. By the way you might want to check out the new Brother machines. They are less expensive and made by the same company, I believe and share many of the same features.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:00 AM

I agree with everyuone else here. You will be using it on a regular basis. You have the money to purchase the machine that you want. No one is going to be deprived if you do this. You have enough years left to enjoy it. Decide which machine is the one you want and just do it. Once you start sewing on your new machine you will not be sorry for your purchase.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:02 AM
Power Poster

If you can afford it, then I say buy it. Sounds like for the sewing you do, you will get a lot of use out of it.