Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - April - 3 month group >

Boom 14 - April - 3 month group

Boom 14 - April - 3 month group

Old 04-05-2015, 04:51 AM

Terri, I hope you enjoy your retreat and will bring us back some good stories and ideas.

And to to those who celebrate it, Happy Easter! Have a wonderful day!

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Happy Easter everyone. We will have a pretty laid back day. Only one of the kids and her will be here today but still making all the regulars. Dh will have a lot of left overs to set since I leave tomorrow for my quilt retreat in Indiana.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:08 AM

Now that this Boom is swiftly drawing to a close, don't forget to email me your feedback about your experiences and the blocks you receive. I will gladly accept all comments and use them to try to improve the next one. Remember, some of my goals for the swap were increased participation on the threads, good block construction focusing on a block as close to 12 1/2 inches square as reasonable and 100% return of blocks. I know we hit the last one but I need your feedback on the other items plus anything else you'd care to share. Remember to EMAIL me your comments and everything said will not be shared with anyone.

Thanks again for your participation in Boom 14! Please keep posting as you wish, especially as your blocks arrive.

I have received the go ahead from the QB for Boom 15 bit I'll take a few weeks break before I post it.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:37 AM

Have to share a funny Easter story. About 15 years ago I woke on Easter morning and it smelled like I was in a garden. Couldn't figure out what in the world. I went downstairs and the living room and dining room were totally full of beautiful Hyacinth, daffodils, tulips and Easter Lillies. If there was one arrangement there were 50. Rather freaked me out. Woke up the kids and they didn't know where they came from. Turns out my oldest dd worked at the Mall of America and she worked late that night as she was leaving they were taking apart all the floral decorations and giving them to anyone who wanted them. She told the decorator thanks my Mom will love these. He said well if that is the case drive your car up the door and we will give you a few more. They totally filled her car. A couple of her friends followed her to our house emptied Kelly's car and they all left . Very sureal experience and there is such a thing as to much of a good thing
Old 04-05-2015, 12:09 PM

Love it! This morning I was remembering so many of our Easter mornings when the kids were small. Sweet memories.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Have to share a funny Easter story. About 15 years ago I woke on Easter morning and it smelled like I was in a garden. Couldn't figure out what in the world. I went downstairs and the living room and dining room were totally full of beautiful Hyacinth, daffodils, tulips and Easter Lillies. If there was one arrangement there were 50. Rather freaked me out. Woke up the kids and they didn't know where they came from. Turns out my oldest dd worked at the Mall of America and she worked late that night as she was leaving they were taking apart all the floral decorations and giving them to anyone who wanted them. She told the decorator thanks my Mom will love these. He said well if that is the case drive your car up the door and we will give you a few more. They totally filled her car. A couple of her friends followed her to our house emptied Kelly's car and they all left . Very sureal experience and there is such a thing as to much of a good thing
Old 04-06-2015, 04:58 AM

Good Morning Boomers.....

I thought I would post over on this thread, as many of you are still checking in here. I wanted to let everyone know that I love the blocks made for me during this swap! It was so much fun and I am having even more fun putting this garden quilt together for my Mom who is 84 and now in a Nursing Home due to a stroke and worsening dementia.

I want to leave feedback for such wonderful blocks! Can anyone give me a quick tune-up on how to do that. Had a little trouble last night finding the Icon and getting it accomplished.

I have attached a progress photo of how the quilt is evolving. Have the left blocks sewn together. Added some fused applique and lots of fruits and vegetables and fun block borders. This quilt means so much to me. I hope to have it finished for Mother's Day!

Love to you all,
Bee

[ATTACH=CONFIG]516020[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nana's Giiggle Quilt - Easter Progress.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	516020  
Old 04-06-2015, 04:59 AM

Kass,

I really love how your block fit in to the quilt. Hope you can make the photo larger to see the detail
Old 04-06-2015, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
Good Morning Boomers.....

I thought I would post over on this thread, as many of you are still checking in here. I wanted to let everyone know that I love the blocks made for me during this swap! It was so much fun and I am having even more fun putting this garden quilt together for my Mom who is 84 and now in a Nursing Home due to a stroke and worsening dementia.

I want to leave feedback for such wonderful blocks! Can anyone give me a quick tune-up on how to do that. Had a little trouble last night finding the Icon and getting it accomplished.

I have attached a progress photo of how the quilt is evolving. Have the left blocks sewn together. Added some fused applique and lots of fruits and vegetables and fun block borders. This quilt means so much to me. I hope to have it finished for Mother's Day!

Love to you all,
Bee

[ATTACH=CONFIG]516020[/ATTACH]
I am loving how this is coming together so much to look at so much to take in....I'm looking forward to seeing it in person this September, maybe if you and mom are up to it and the stars align properly you can bring her home for an afternoon for a short visit. I would love to meet the woman this was made for and that raised you to be the loving giving person you are.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:07 AM

USPO says my blocks are to be delivered today!! Yeah...might have to take off work early!!!
Old 04-06-2015, 08:12 AM

Bee that is coming together nicely. Lots of interest in it for your mom. I see my block.

I don't remember the landscape block, is that one you added? It is lovely
Old 04-06-2015, 09:58 AM

It looks like most of the blocks will be delivered today. Enjoy. Post pix!