sorting cabinets

Old 04-05-2015, 02:33 PM

Default sorting cabinets

getting ready for the trip south - and hoping I'll be taking some of this with me - and leaving it somewhere else!

Got everything out - and started sorting it

Stuff for sure to keep

And the some of the rest

Though I'll keep these two - though they aren't much help.

Gotta few derelict machines too.

Most of this came from the bulk purchase I made.

And then to put it all back.

Now to send Joe some pictures and see how much I can pawn off on him LOL!!

Too bad there aren't more vintage machine enthusiasts between SD and IL.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:54 PM

Wow, what a job! I suppose the cats just got in the way, as usual!! Wish you were heading west, not south, although I sure don't have as much room as you do to store stuff. I have a room in our garage - had a little tiff with DH because he had the door open while he was cutting lumber and I didn't want my machines all dusty - he won, though, and I covered them all with plastic bags.

My little Singer 99k is going to have the honor of being blown up in a high school play. Hope they keep their explosives non-lethal!
Old 04-05-2015, 04:16 PM

Cathy,

I'm slobbering ....... I wish I could come up there. I see enough treadle parts to make a couple complete cabinets.

I've replied to your emails. You do know that I'm really up a creek now. Same thing as you, somethings gotta go to make room. LOL

Oh and those kitties are performing a valuable service, they're guarding the shady spot.

Joe
Old 04-05-2015, 04:40 PM

Is there a meet up planned?
HelenAnn
Old 04-05-2015, 04:57 PM

I'm planning on being to Joe's house some time on Saturday - going to drop off as much as I can fit in the van, and pick up one treadle he's storing for me. Will stop in St. Louis to pick up a second machine from a good friend.

Then I'm heading north to Iowa and stopping at Cogito's place on Sunday and picking up another machine.

I don't have time this trip to go any farther east than Joe's house, so I don't know if anything got worked out for those wanting to meet up on the east side of IL.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:56 AM
KLO

Smile

And those are only photos of what was in the boat shed, right? You do have a few in the house also, correct? Hope your trip is beneficial to all involved.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:49 AM

Yes, let's say that I didn't put anything I considered real nice out there, those stayed in the house.

Most of my machines did not come in cabinets (bought on eBay) and I'll set them up so I can swap them in a treadle cabinet with ease. I can display a lot more by putting them in bases on shelves. The "Shed" will hold 12-15 cabinets. The hard part will be deciding what to display and what to store. I need to have room for my attachment collection too.

I'll be keeping almost all the Singers in the house - and that is about 1/4 of my collection.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:32 PM

Macybaby, where in the South are you going, I sure could use a lid for my treadle, my husband was refinishing the cabinet but the lid was too far gone. If you head to Alabama way let me know, I'm a transplanted Texan
Old 04-08-2015, 05:55 PM

Greenjellybean- we usually head that way in the fall. Got two grown kids living around Atlanta- they decided they didn't care for the snow! DD was living on the west coast for a while, then transferred to UGA after her brother bought a house 40 miles from campus.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:57 PM

got four singer cabinets loaded up to take to Joe's house. Unfortunately, removing 4 didn't make much of a dent in the group . . . Would have taken more, but that is all that would fit in the van. Joe better hope I don't find my dream cabinet on the way to his house, or one of those four may end up on the curb!