Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • 2015 UFO Challenge of the Month >
  • 2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

• 2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 04-08-2015, 08:20 AM

Oh, my....I love that braid quilt. I like the horizontal lines between the braids. Very colorful and a good was to use scraps.

I took a UFO to my long arm quilter yesterday. It is a quilt for a little boy that I finished years ago, called Marty Goes To Mars. I had enough for the backing....or so I thought. But, after getting into it, I didn't have quite enough and so the piecing began. It would be nice if I left myself notes on these UFO's so that I would know what to expect when I took it up again. *Note to self. Please leave notes on UFO's.

I finished my March table runner, too, but I am not happy with the binding. It ripples and that just makes me crazy. I guess I need to take it off and redo. Grrrr
    Old 04-08-2015, 07:59 PM

I finished a quilt this week. it was actually quilted a couple of months ago, but I finally got the binding attached so I can call it a completed project now. And I have 3 more UFOs quilted and just waiting for binding, so I may have more finishes this month. I want to get all 3 of them done for the next guild meeting at the end of the month.

This pattern is "Toes in the Sand", and it was a block of the month from 2013.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]516356[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P4070231.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	516356  
    Old 04-09-2015, 06:00 AM

Krista....I love that quilt. Shapes within triangles. I have not seen any quilt like it. Love the colors, too.
    Old 04-09-2015, 09:27 AM

Love all the finished UFOs! I'm keeping up with my homework for my beginning machine quilting class but I got to say points appear to be pointless for me... We are down to the last set of blocks the Ohio Star Blocks. Wish me luck.
    Old 04-09-2015, 06:17 PM

All the finished quilts are very pretty. Great progress everyone.

I have finished quilting the motorcycle quilt, just need to bind the quilt. (Pic will be posted when binding is completed). I will do that on Saturday. I have to run errands tomorrow, yuk. I would rather be quilting. Oh well that's life. I also finished the Orange and tourquise top. I will start quilting it this weekend.

I think I will work on the mystery train ride #7 and the floral Jacob's ladder quilt top for April's UFO projects.

Enjoying sewing and quilting everyone.
    Old 04-10-2015, 05:10 PM

I feel really behind my goal of two per month but this is the busy time of the university spring semester and have to remind myself this this job is paying for my quilting habit, so work... then quilt later. Next week-end is my guild's spring retreat, so I am sure to get some time at the machine and finish something!
    Old 04-11-2015, 06:38 AM

I really was going to get pictures this time. I'll try harder. The second mini art quilt is a pear with shadow done by tracing the one in the book and then tracing it onto the fusing web from the back. We'll be doing this one at our meeting in May. Then the assignment calls for doing another one and in keeping with my "Manmade" theme I've chosen a simple rendition of the parthenon. Wish me luck. I'm caught up on the beginning piecing quilt top and and we are putting the last blocks together next week. Then borders. I'm excited about the speed this one has come together.
    Old 04-11-2015, 07:50 AM
    Power Poster

kristakz...a unique sampler quilt.... Thanks for sharing. I envy everybody's finishes.
    Old 04-13-2015, 04:08 PM

Have been trying on and off today to load some photos. Is it me or is it the site? Can't seem to get it done??
    Old 04-15-2015, 11:36 AM

Well I have completely fallen off the wagon. we moved and remodeled our new kitchen In the last month. I also started a new project several times because I just wasn't happy with how it was developing (it's for MY bed). So now I have added several more ufos to my stacks, but the new project is finally on track and my hubby is traveling for work this week. Although, in my goof ups, I used up enough of one of my main fabrics, I've had to order more. Anyway seriously hoping to have a top done by Sunday.