Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone used this? >

Has anyone used this?

Has anyone used this?

Old 04-09-2015, 06:22 AM

It looks awkward, doesn't look safe and I like to see where the blade is cutting. I use Martelli rotary cutters and they work just fine. You know that old saying, if it isn't broken don't fix it....it applies to this for me.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:34 AM

never tried it or seen one till now. Doesn't look like something i would be comfortable using
Old 04-09-2015, 07:00 AM

I think the awkwardness would be temporary as I remember my early attempts with a rotary cutter.

The cost would be a factor but I do believe you get what you paid for AND I would not scrimp on any cutting tools.

I would not buy this tool because rotary blades scare me. I love my retractable rotary cutter and I would find it difficult to use a tool without a retractable blade.

This cutter would be handy for someone that does a lot of cutting strips, or has hand difficulties which make cutting difficult ... fortunately that's not me!
Old 04-09-2015, 09:06 AM

I'm on board with ALL the responses from the readers. I went to the video and, EGAD!!! No way!!! Like the others, I want to see the blade. Also, the blade is NOT RETRACTABLE! That "laying it to the side" is an accident waiting to happen, and the little stand? Not! This new tool will never make it . . . :-(
Old 04-09-2015, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by SewHooked View Post
I'm on board with ALL the responses from the readers. I went to the video and, EGAD!!! No way!!! Like the others, I want to see the blade. Also, the blade is NOT RETRACTABLE! That "laying it to the side" is an accident waiting to happen, and the little stand? Not! This new tool will never make it . . . :-(
I agree with most of it. However, it may still be viable, because there will be some who like it. It's just like not everyone likes Martelli's cutters, but they are still around and doing well.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:50 AM

There are a lot of put downs about this from those that have never used it.
I have this cutter. It feels natural in my hand and there is no concern about cutting my fingers. The blade is easy to replace. It works much better in my Strip Cutter then the regular rotary cutter. I have never nicked the slots at the start like I do with the other cutters. I guess some are put off by the price but I bought cheaper toilet paper, paper towels and detergent for awhile. So the cutter was free. ROFL!
Old 04-09-2015, 09:51 AM

Default palm cutter

Originally Posted by Feathers-N-Fur View Post
I think I might try it.
I have one. I also have RA and deformed hands. This cutter is easy for me to use and the blade is right on that outer edge. I can put some "English" on that fabric and cut 4 layers safely. Good for me with my restrictions.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:57 AM

Might be a useful tool, but my first thought was "I will have to hide it from the cats, and it won't fit in the drawer I have for sharp things." My second thought was "I am way too clumsy to risk having any kind of exposed blade anywhere near me." I am happy with my fiskars ergonomoc cutter. I like having the blade shielded until I push a button. It is so natural for me to close it as I set it down that I will stick to what works.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:26 PM

That might be good for someone who has problems closing their fingers around a regular cutter, but I think I would use the ones attached to a ruler like the one Fiskars makes. It rides along a track, but it would not work on something like a Shape Cut. Maybe then you would have to use the Palm Cutter.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:30 PM

I would like to try before I buy.