Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Pincushion and Needlecase Swap- Signup Ends March 31 >

April Pincushion and Needlecase Swap- Signup Ends March 31

April Pincushion and Needlecase Swap- Signup Ends March 31

Old 04-18-2015, 11:55 AM

Last year in May we got flooded and I got 3" of water in my basement and I was lucky. One of my neighbors had his whole foundation cave in. We are all worried it's going to happen again.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:12 PM
Power Poster

Pat, beautiful daffodils. I have ONE that came up, should open tomorrow
Old 04-18-2015, 03:23 PM

Such beautiful daffodils & your baby is precious, Rosemary!
Old 04-18-2015, 03:30 PM

Default Scenes from the farm here

I thought I'd throw out a few fun photos from the past couple of months here on our farm... We had a neighbor who feeds a stray cat. She was pregnant again this spring (we already took her first litter for our barn) and no one wanted the kittens. I found an animal welfare organization willing to foster Mama & her kittens until homes can be found, then they will have Mama cat return to the woods around the neighbor's house to continue living the free life that she loves (SPAYED of course). Such an awesome outcome for everyone. Here are the babies. Also, 9 baby calves this spring. Here is one that was born in the snow. My son & I brought him to the barn til he got himself a little more acclimated to life outside of his Mum. We were trying to teach the baby ducks to swim. They were happier with their giant feet on solid ground, not in their pool on the first day of swim lessons. Some gorgeous sunrises lately, too!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	103_5601.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	517333   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_5398.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	517334   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_5404.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	517335   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_5412.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	517336   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_5547.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	517337  

Click image for larger version

Name:	103_5589.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	517338  
Old 04-18-2015, 07:04 PM

I love the pics...it looks so peaceful.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:40 AM

OMG! I love all the photos, TiltedEars, but especially the one of mama & calf! I love cows. I had to show my hubby that photo & the one of you hauling baby to the barn! He thought it was adorable, too! Love all the photos. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:52 AM

This morning -- I should say, yesterday, but I didn't even check my mail until this morning -- I received the "Big Girl Panties" purse from lawsonmugs, plus a heart bookmark & a pair of beaded earrings with a tiny sewing machine charm hanging off them. Thank you, Mary! Everything is awesome! I love the color you picked -- turquoise. Even your note & envelope are quite unique; I noticed that in the first package, too. For those who don't remember, I received my pc & nc earlier from Mary, but somehow the purse etc didn't get in the package, so she mailed them separately to me, which is really going above & beyond the scope of the swap! I really appreciate the extra effort she made to do this. My hubby laughed at the big girl panties purse, which he thought was cute! I really adore it & am so happy I have one!
My I-phone isn't allowing me to download photos into the computer anymore. It's telling me that I need to upgrade something, but when I go into the app store (I have a Mac computer), the app store is telling me that the app isn't available in the U.S. (Really?? Are you kidding me??) So at the moment I can't post photos. If/when I can, I will go ahead & post. Unless Mary can post something. Again, Mary, thank you so much for your thoughtfulness & for the wonderful goodies! Oh, & I plan to wear those earrings to work tomorrow!
Old 04-19-2015, 08:04 AM
Power Poster

Those earrings and panties that Mary make are amazing. I use my purse everyday, and get cute comments from the cashiers when i do take it out.

Tilted ears, love your photos. Love the kitties, but that baby calf is too cute for words. Where i live, we very seldom see a baby cow unless i go to the farm.I didn't know ducks didn't like to swim at first, or that they needed to learn how to do that. The things I learn here.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:20 AM

Jenn what wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing! I'm in Ohio visiting my son so haven't been too active. I will post sign ups for the May swap when I get back home after the 22nd. We can decide then what the theme will be.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
This morning -- I should say, yesterday, but I didn't even check my mail until this morning -- I received the "Big Girl Panties" purse from lawsonmugs, plus a heart bookmark & a pair of beaded earrings with a tiny sewing machine charm hanging off them. Thank you, Mary! Everything is awesome! I love the color you picked -- turquoise. Even your note & envelope are quite unique; I noticed that in the first package, too. For those who don't remember, I received my pc & nc earlier from Mary, but somehow the purse etc didn't get in the package, so she mailed them separately to me, which is really going above & beyond the scope of the swap! I really appreciate the extra effort she made to do this. My hubby laughed at the big girl panties purse, which he thought was cute! I really adore it & am so happy I have one!
My I-phone isn't allowing me to download photos into the computer anymore. It's telling me that I need to upgrade something, but when I go into the app store (I have a Mac computer), the app store is telling me that the app isn't available in the U.S. (Really?? Are you kidding me??) So at the moment I can't post photos. If/when I can, I will go ahead & post. Unless Mary can post something. Again, Mary, thank you so much for your thoughtfulness & for the wonderful goodies! Oh, & I plan to wear those earrings to work tomorrow!
Pamala I don't have a picture of the earrings but here are a couple pictures of the swap I sent you. The big girl panties and heart bookmark are in it.Did you get the carrot chocolates out of the jar? LOL Have a good day everybody. Love the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0092.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	327.4 KB
ID:	517392   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0095.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	326.4 KB
ID:	517393