Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 31st 4pm CST >

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 31st 4pm CST

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 31st 4pm CST

Old 04-28-2015, 07:26 AM

I just realized I did my post did not show up for the package I received from my SP. I must of hit cancel instead of reply. Considering I was down with a horrible sinus infection I can see how I did that.

I received the most awesome package from MarionsQuilts. It was filled with all kinds of fun batiks, many which were scraps from quilts she done so they all coordinate nicely with each other. I also received a really fun "Woff" picture frame that will be prefect for showing off my four legged kids. And last but not lease she sent me gummy bears. Canadian Gummy Bears, which were very good.

I truly loved everything and am looking forward to making something really fun with all those wonderful batiks. I am not on my home computer but I will post a picture when I am. Just wanted to get this out to the group since I apparently did something wrong and my original post did not go through. I so hate colds and sinus infections, they do weird things to my head.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Jan, i'm on the bench with you too. lets make a quilted cushion. Happy Birthday!
Three of us on the bench this late in the month? Yikes! I'm all for the quilted cushion. Although Lori has told me the package to me was mailed Monday.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:17 PM

NO fear, benchwarmers, a gift will be on the way tomorrow for one of you. Heading home now for a late night sewing.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:54 AM

Okay, hint for the bench... your winged package is heading for you. In your state, the harassing of Bigfoot, Sasquatch or other undiscovered subspecies is a felony punishable by a fine and/or imprisonment. Additionally, it is illegal to pretend that one’s parents are rich.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:27 AM

Sorry I haven't been on here much this month either, lots of stuff going on right now. Missed the May sign up too. But wanted to thank Sibi for posting I was trying to get pic taken and post but didn't work out. thanks to Nancy in Louisiana for the wonderful package too, also no pic posted either.

Lynnie I got the Utterly Smooth at my Target-but might have been a special purchase, not sure which area in the store I picked it up. I know several years ago the local super market carried it but they were bought out by another chain so not sure if the carry it there-hadn't noticed it but maybe just not getting down that aisle as much either. I seldom am at a Walmart.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:49 PM

THANK YOU to HAVE 4BOYS (KATHY) for the spal angel BOX that arrived today.. IT was jammed full of fbric, card stock, punches, sewing notions, home made soap, dmc embroidery thread, cook book, two quilters magazines, diah towel. Literally a big box jammed.... wowza thank you so MUCH.....My kitty thought she might get a prize as she was right there watching and waiting and sniffing as I opened the box..cats are so nosey!!!!
Old 05-02-2015, 12:54 PM

I checked with Lori and my April SP received her package but I have not heard anything from her. Hope she liked everything okay.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
I checked with Lori and my April SP received her package but I have not heard anything from her. Hope she liked everything okay.
I'm so sorry you ended up with a SP who didn't take the time to contact you. I find that sort of takes the fun out of the swap. I don't do this to be thanked, but on the other hand, the little niceties do count.

So... who's still on the bench?
Old 05-03-2015, 08:10 AM

I guess I'm off the bench. An envelope with 1 yard of orange fabric was delivered to my neighbour by mistake and she brought it by last evening. It is from Claudia Eslinger in WI.with a note on the outside saying "from you April Secret Pal". So if you will uncloak , I can thank you properly.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:27 AM

Turns out that Claudia is known as Schnapperdoodle on the board. Thank you for the fabric.